Contribute
Register

Does Apple wired aluminum keyboard work with BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Jetway NAF93-Q77, OS 10.9.5, 3,1 AMI BIOS A05
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
HD4000 & Nvidia GTX 770
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, before I purchase one, can someone confirm that you can access the BIOS menu with the Apple Aluminum wired keyboard? I currently own the wireless short version and it can access the BIOS menu. Thanks in advance!

Hello, before I purchase one, can someone confirm that you can access the BIOS menu with the Apple Aluminum wired keyboard? I currently own the wireless short version and it can access the BIOS menu. Thanks in advance!

Yes, the wired KB works in the BIOS. I use one for installing all the time.
Some of the BT wireless KBs work in BIOS, some do not.

Awesome! Thanks!!

Yes, the wired KB works in the BIOS. I use one for installing all the time.
Some of the BT wireless KBs work in BIOS, some do not.

No go....I bought a brand new Apple Aluminum Wired keyboard today and it doesn't access BIOS reliably. It lets me get to BIOS menu but then locks up. I discovered that if I unplug anything plugged into a different USB port on rear of CPU, it will unlock. This isn't what I was expecting.

I actually have an older Apple wired keyboard(clear with black keys) and it works just fine.

Any ideas? If not, it's going back for a refund. Thanks in advance!!

No go....I bought a brand new Apple Aluminum Wired keyboard today and it doesn't access BIOS reliably. It lets me get to BIOS menu but then locks up. I discovered that if I unplug anything plugged into a different USB port on rear of CPU, it will unlock. This isn't what I was expecting.

I actually have an older Apple wired keyboard(clear with black keys) and it works just fine.

Any ideas? If not, it's going back for a refund. Thanks in advance!!

Does your case have some USB2.0 ports? You may need to connect them and use them for keyboard as your board has only USB3.0 ports on the backplane.

Actually there are 4 USB 2.0 ports and 2 USB 3.0 ports on the rear and I have the keyboard plugged into one of the USB 2 ports.

One thing I noticed when in the USB menu in the BIOS menu, it shows 2 keyboards, 2 mice and 5 hub.

Is there any way to change these settings so it displays 1 keyboard and 1 mouse? Could this be part of the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Actually there are 4 USB 2.0 ports and 2 USB 3.0 ports on the rear and I have the keyboard plugged into one of the USB 2 ports.

One thing I noticed when in the USB menu in the BIOS menu, it shows 2 keyboards, 2 mice and 5 hub.

Is there any way to change these settings so it displays 1 keyboard and 1 mouse? Could this be part of the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Do you have legacy USB enabled in UEFI/BIOS or is this not an option?

Do you have legacy USB enabled in UEFI/BIOS or is this not an option?

I've got Legacy USB set to "Auto".

Ive kept trying booting into the Bios and I can now get to the Bios screen but it's locked up until I unplug and replug another USB device. I can then proceed thru as normal. Unfortunately this happens every time.

Could there be another setting causing this??

I've got Legacy USB set to "Auto".

Ive kept trying booting into the Bios and I can now get to the Bios screen but it's locked up until I unplug and replug another USB device. I can then proceed thru as normal. Unfortunately this happens every time.

Could there be another setting causing this??

This sounds more like a firmware USB bus driver problem than anything else. I would try flashing the UEFI to the latest non-Beta version available. If that did not fix the problem, I would contact the board OEM or where you purchased the board and see if I could get a RMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back