Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Does anyone plan to buy a Z68 board ?

Thanks.

:D

Me too.

Was almost decided to buy an Asus board this generation, but I am following the work being done by DHP, flaked, and Some Others on the DSDT for Asus, and now it seems that is not the best option.

I hope that the upcoming Z68 Gigabyte boards will be what I was looking for.

The GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 will probably be my bet, although Z68MX-UD2H-B3 also seems very interesting.

I'm planning tu by one too in remplacement for my non vanilla supported MSI board.
I'm afraid they will be most costly than P67.

I'm planning on returning my Asus P8P67 Deluxe for a P8Z68, hopefully deluxe too.

I would if there was a reason to but so far I don't see the advantage. I would rather go with a board that is much more well-tested and known to work 100% than gamble on a Z68 board that might not.

Despite what manufacturers say, in my opinion H67/P67 chipsets will be discontinued in the near future (next few months).

These chipsets will go down in history as the chipsets with a shorter life (I mean, presence in the market, not talking about B2 fiasco), and one of the greatest failures of Intel.

The fact that the new iMac sports Z68 is already a very good reason for me to choose this chipset.

At this point, I'm thinking probably waiting until the fall and pairing a Z68 with an Ivy Bridge processor. The SB processors are getting old, by Moore's Law standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back