Contribute
Register

Does Anyone Have a New 2012 Ivy Bridge iMac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
imac3.jpg
We're looking for someone who's got the new Ivy Bridge iMac 13,1 or 13,2. Could you extract and post the IOReg from your system? Thanks in advance! Respond to this thread if you have one, or know someone you can get the info from.

Here's how to make a dump of the IORegistry:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Thanks in advance! Your efforts will help others. :thumbup:

Yes, my mom just bought one yesterday. I'd be happy to get the IOreg file for you. Could you tell me the exact directory of it though?

@Tony Do you think that new iMacs profiles will allow us to use discrete graphics (like GTX 660 Ti) with Thunderbolt display and totally bypass HDxxxx graphics ?

Thanks for doing this! Could I ask one more small favor?

Would you post the ACPI dumps/etc of your machine? All you need to do is run the app, zip the output and post. It's anonymous and removes your serial number and UUID from the logs. Hopefully this will help me diagnose a few DSDT things.

Darwin Dumper (2.5.7):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/79473/DarwinDumper_v2.5.7.zip

Thanks!
(Courtesy of Trauma at http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2447)

IOReg attached above is from the Apple Store at The Grove, Los Angeles

The iMac would not let me run DarwinDumper without elevated privileges.

10 out of 10 for a stealth manoeuvre

Thanks a lot! Lots of interesting things in here. Don't know if any other macs have this yet, but the layout of the P-sates and C-states is more advanced than I've seen so far. Using a custom SSDT w/ SMBIOS MacPro3,1 or iMac12,2, I get a 27-value PerformanceStateArray under ACIP_SMC_Platformplugin (even though only a few are used).

However, this one has X86PlatformPlugin instead, which incorporates both graphics and CPU power management (29 P-states for each core and 4 C-states for each core!).

On the graphics end of things, it's very detailed as well. Perhaps it's the new nvidia chip, but there's TONS of power management related values listed. I'm running an AMD 6870, and the most I can do is add the device ID to the mac model in AGPM. Whether or not actual power management is going on here, I don't know.

I've been getting error messages at boot about USB requesting power, but the OS allocating 0 mA. You can add values like "AAPL,current-available" in the DSDT via DTGP method. Now that I have some values for a desktop z77 board, I'll have to try this out. It may just be cosmetic, but it's worth a shot.

If someone could provide ACPI tables that would be awesome, as I'd be able to investigate the new CPU power management and USB.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-07 at 8.03.21 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-07 at 8.03.21 AM.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 853
  • Screen Shot 2012-12-07 at 8.09.08 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-07 at 8.09.08 AM.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 906
  • Screen Shot 2012-12-07 at 8.10.30 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-07 at 8.10.30 AM.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 485
Status
Not open for further replies.