Contribute
Register

Does 5700 Work with 10.15.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z370 > Need full model name > See Rules!
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Anybody try with RX 5700 XT? 8700K Z370? Or someone with FCPX ?

Last edited:
I have almost the same specs as yours, upgrade went smoothly and everything's working.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    253.4 KB · Views: 84
I have almost the same specs as yours, upgrade went smoothly and everything's working.
I have the same build as yours, but with ASUS Z370-A II. Can you share your EFI folder?

I have the same build as yours, but with ASUS Z370-A II. Can you share your EFI folder?

Sure, I have attached the EFI folder but removed serial numbers in config file (marked with REMOVED!). The patched SSDTs for USB I'm using *probably* won't work on your motherboard. (see this post and perhaps use hackintools for easier generation of the SSDTs)

BTW I actually have a gigabyte rx 5700xt, but I don't think that makes a difference.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.2 MB · Views: 78
I had to update to 10.15.2 before my 5700 would even be recognized. Once the update applied, then it was smooth sailing.

However, are you still using the iGPU for anything? Like quick sync encoding? I like utilizing all aspects of the hardware, but if the 5700 is going to out perform it doing HVEC, etc. operations, then I am going to just leave it disabled.

EDIT: This is for my newer setup. ASRock Z270 Extreme4 i5-7600k with RX-5700 (not what's listed in my profile)

Last edited:
Sure, I have attached the EFI folder but removed serial numbers in config file (marked with REMOVED!). The patched SSDTs for USB I'm using *probably* won't work on your motherboard. (see this post and perhaps use hackintools for easier generation of the SSDTs)

BTW I actually have a gigabyte rx 5700xt, but I don't think that makes a difference.
I already have USB fix but I couldn't to make dGPU and iGPU working properly together. Anyway, thank you. Will try your solution later.
But more and more I tend to disable iGPU and switch to iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS instead of current iMac19,1 to get DRM video working in Safari, such as Netflix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back