Graphics
Radeon 6750m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So yesterday I tried installing El Capitan onto my hackintosh running Snow Leopard. Besides having to take out my 680, the install went pretty well. However, everything went bad after trying to use the clover configuration software on the post install. After following the steps, I tried to restart to make sure it would boot fine before trying to add in the gpu. After rebooting and selecting the newly upgraded drive, I get nothing but a black screen. No error message, no text just black.

I tried rebooting in verbose mode and all that is get is "++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

Tried reinstalling the update off the flash drive which seems to have worked but still all I get is a black screen. Really hoping that my SSD didn't die. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, thanks

Not DOA, this happened to me, if you are using the Unibeast 6.1 tool try to use the 6.0.1 tool instead, re format and re-do everything with the 6.0.1 Unibeast. That should fix it. (atleast it did for me)

I can try doing that, but don't want to reformat the drive. I have everything backed up to time machine, but would rather not format the drive just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back