Graphics
EVGA GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm interested in seeing what others use in terms of pci cards.

What type of pci card do you use? (Sound, Network, Raid ect..)

Why are you using it? How does it work (OOB or not)? Overall function in your system.

Model numbers/links are appreciated.

I currently use no pci cards.

I'm excited to see what you guys use :thumbup:

2 cards;

- PCI-e to mini PCI-e adapter card with Airport Atheros 9280 and A1114 bluetooth module glued to it;

I hate cables zo wlan was a dead simple option, besides the onboard realtek card is really a pain to get working right. The bluetooth module fixes sleep and is connected to the 3rd antenna which gives exceptional range of operation! Everything works ootb of course.

- Auzentech Forte 7.1 sound card with OPA637SM upgrade

It works with VoodooHDA as long as you enable the onboard audio plus you have to shorten the headphone jack from the front panel. There's no on board audio that matches the quality of sound which this card produces. I think this is also the only thing in which there's space for improvement on real macs.

- HIS 6870 card

Nothing fancy here, it just works ootb, plenty fast, no strange issues.

My next build might be/will be m-ATX as I really don't need any more pci-e slots :)

Running some OLD PCI firewire card in Z68A mobo. I have two, both work OTB on linux and OSX 10.6.8. I think one has a VIA chipset. All I know is that I was using them in 2001 on a G3 (Beige) machine, and I never threw them out. I run one in a G5 mod, where the internal plug goes to a cord that is wired to the front panel FW plug. I don't have a FW out on the back, as this card is just above the top slot (I could cut the mesh and have space for a cord in the back, but I just don't need it). Have no idea if it would work with lion, nor do I care. Just happy it works for what I do.

im using a railink rt2860 which works well but requires 3rd party software to work. I am also using a bfg gtx260 (216) which performs very well natively

Syba Firewire
Sonnet Pro NIC
XFX 6870 video card

Why are you using it?
No 3rd-party drivers required. <--- very !Important! for me
Supported OOB by Apple native kext. <--- very !Important! for me
Better performance, no side-effects/problems.

TP-Link 781ND Wifi Card. Uses 3rd party kext.

Why are you using it?
to have airport extreme. works very well on Lion 10.7.4

used to use a PCI Firewire card but have got rid of all my firewire devices now so no longer use any PCI devices.

All mine are now PCI-e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back