Contribute
Register

Do you sometimes forget your Hackintosh is not a REAL MAC?

Do you forget your Hackintosh is not a real MAC sometimes?

• Yes, I forget at times.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No never, the difference is too obvious.

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z77A-G45
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently just had this weird experience that behind my Hackintosh I just thought it was the real deal. Obviously it isn't but I caught myself in time to not press the Upgrade OS button in the App Store... sheesh! :D
I'm so used to it all working, just like a real mac... unreal.

I'm thankful every day it's not a 'real' Mac. The one I use at work (Quad 2010 MacPro) is slower than my Hackintosh, it just cost a lot more for a fancy case and the magic Apple pixie dust. I use both every day, and far prefer the Hackintosh. And I don't even have the latest hardware in my Hack. (Sandybridge, not IvyBridge.)

Laptop wise, I like the screen and the trackpad on my wife's new 13" MacBook Air I got her for Christmas, but it doesn't actually feel any faster to use than my i3 ProBook 4530s.

I'm just not one that buys into all the myths swirling around 'real' Macs supposedly having some feel to them that's all that special. None of the ones I use do. The laptops are VERY nice machines build-wise, but beyond that, the actual experience is identical to a Hackintosh.

The exceptions being: You dropped a BOATLOAD of cash for a fully loaded top of the line 12 core MacPro: OR: the Hackintosh that's much cheaper than most Macs actually feels a lot faster and snappier and has better hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back