Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Mac thing I have owned is an iPod Classic 80gb. I also bought the Snow Leopard OS and the Final Cut suite (before Final Cut X was released). And I think I bought an album or two from iTunes.

After using Macs (Mac Pros) at my last few jobs over the last 4 years, I have decided they are no more reliable and certainly more expensive than equivalently powerful PCs. As a freelance video editor, I had to have Final Cut to be competitive, so I came here to learn how to build a Hackintosh. Mission accomplished!

Yup. I have a Macbook Pro 13in i7 2.7GHz 8GB RAM 128GB SSD and 500GB HD (removed super drive and replaced with optibay)
and a Macbook 13in 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM

I owned a 2.4ghz c2duo macbook before they went unibody. Was a good machine but sold it for $650 and purchased an i5 2500k with 8gb of ram, a solid video card and a puny SSD with the $$$.

Yep - 13" iBook G4!

i have the following real macs :)

apple IIe
apple powermac g4 dual ppc 867mhz
apple powermac g4 dual ppc 1,450mhz
mac lc
mac performa 460 + apple IIe card
mac powermac 7300/200
mac powermac 8600/250 x 2
imac g3 500mhz x 2

i have the following real macs :)

apple IIe
apple powermac g4 dual ppc 867mhz
apple powermac g4 dual ppc 1,450mhz
mac lc
mac performa 460 + apple IIe card
mac powermac 7300/200
mac powermac 8600/250 x 2
imac g3 500mhz x 2

Holy crap man! So you haven't purchased one in a bit... Those G4 towers make great cases for hackintoshes.

Yep! Imac and a mac mini both from last year 2011. I have a htc titan 310e but i also use android, never owned a iPhone and not sure i ever will.

I've got two Macminis, one i bought second hand, the other I salvaged, a PowerMac G4 in the blue with the revised heat sink that I also salvaged. I have a non working G5 iMac, also salvaged, that needs a psu, and a PowerMac G5 that has issues galore, also salvaged.
I think I salvage to much :)

Yeah.. they got me at an early age..

1 MBP 17" Aluminum
1 MPB 17" Unibody
1 PowerMac 6100/60 (in a box some where..... bet it still runs)
1 17" iMac G4 Beachball model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back