Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my little collection..

performa 6400 whit Tv card ( work as TV on my children's room)
PM g3 300 @ 400mhz ( network server)
PM g4 400 @ 450mhz ( t*****t server , under ubuntu)
PM g4 600 @ 733mhz ( Nas server)
PM g5 2.0 DP ( Protools machine)
PowerBook G4 1.67 15" ( my wife laptop)

and finally my hackintosh ! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope I have never owned a Mac, I've always been a PC person up until early last year since I've learned how to install Snow Leopard on my custom built setup and now I run Lion on my Hack Pro Setup, I've always wanted to get a Mac however but I never did because they are so overpriced where I live, cost about x3 as much as PC's where I am, when I stumbled across a couple of youtube videos about hackintosh's I thought I must give this a try and then that's when I found this website and learned how to install Snow Leopard and Lion to intel based PC's. I'm so glad I found this site about hackintoshing, not only did it save me a lot of money having to buy a Mac but also it helped learn a lot about how this OS works and how Unix based systems work as well that many other people don't know about.

I have a vintage Power Mac 6100, running Mac OS 8.6, and the same PowerBook as you.

Beside a hack I have a MacBook Pro 5.1 and I use it for work most of the time, my hack is a photography workstation LR/PS and it works like a charm!

Two actually.

Yup:

iMac early 2010 (work computer in a home office - with two extra 27 inch Cinema Displays)
Macbook Pro 15 inch early 2009 (used to be main laptop but is now running the third Cinema Display that I access from my iMac using Teleport)

Macbook Air early 2010 (main laptop)

Mac Mini Mid 2010 (my wife's computer)
Mac Mini First Gen (Intel) - connected to the TV for the kids

Mac Mini First Gen (Power PC) - Not currently in use.

I absolutely do!

I own a 2.7ghz mid 2011 mac mini and a G4 Cube. The latest mac mini blew me away with its speed and its ability to expand due to thunderbolt technology. Unfortunately it was so beautifully designed at such a good price that it kind of killed my desire to continue pursuing a hackintosh dream. What is hot today is efficiency.

I also own an iPod. I know it technically isn't a Mac, but it is a computer made by Apple which runs a UNIX based Apple OS.

And another one for the list:

I own a MacBook Pro Early 2011 2GHz i7

Lovely machine and perfect for me since I run Logic Studio

But definitely not a desktop replacement, far too slow for that

My Hackintosh kills my laptop in tests and heavy applications :)

All thanks to this site that I was ever able to make this possible

3rd Generation of hackintosh now and they have all been fun and challenging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back