Contribute
Register

Do you like the mountain mods or Li Lan modular mobo tray for your G5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link to 'The Hive' looks like a great deal! Am I right in thinking that you bought your motherboard tray and backplate for a G5 conversion from there? Could you tell me the details of your setup motherboard-wise? My reservations are that the site only mentions mATX motherboard backplates, rather than full ATX. (They do sell ATX MB trays, just no mention of the backplates being ATX compatible). On the same topic, aren't mATX and ATX I/O exactly the same, meaning their existing backplates would work fine for an ATX MB?
Any other general comments or views about the products from the site would also be greatly appreciated, as I am trying to decide on whether or not to go with this route.
Thanks for the link, and for any advice you can give!

No, I did not know about the LaserHive when I was doing my G5 Power Mac hack and went the Lian Li route. Once I got into it, I found that I had to fabricate my own back panel to use a modified original dual 92mm fan bracket (with new low noise delta fans).
You can see my G5 here.

Today I would go with the products from the LaserHive as the quality is much superior to the product that I can do with my hand tools.

neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back