Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Currently, we disable "Wake on USB" in our ProBook BIOS. Otherwise, the laptop will wake within a few seconds after entering the sleep. Do we know what device is causing it? Webcam? Fingerprint device? CD-ROM? etc? Could we disable it to allow USB wake? It seems to be consistent across 4x30 and 4x40 series.

Currently, we disable "Wake on USB" in our ProBook BIOS. Otherwise, the laptop will wake within a few seconds after entering the sleep. Do we know what device is causing it? Webcam? Fingerprint device? CD-ROM? etc? Could we disable it to allow USB wake? It seems to be consistent across 4x30 and 4x40 series.

It seems to be different on the 4x30s. I can enable "Wake on USB" and the system sleeps just fine. It does not, however, wake up when I click/move my USB mouse.

Some laptops over in the ML laptop forum have exhibited the same issue as the 4x40s when "Wake on USB" is enabled. But many of these laptops don't have an option to disable it. Some have reported that if they use the 6-series USB patch instead of the 7-series USB patch, that the problem is avoided even though they can disable it in BIOS. This leads me to believe it is a difference in the EHC (or XHC) injections that might be causing a problem.

Also, are you using GenericUSBXHCI or are you testing the USB3 Multiplex patches with AppleUSBXHCI?

Since you have the hardware, maybe you can start experimenting?

if they use the 6-series USB patch instead of the 7-series USB patch, that the problem is avoided even though they can disable it in BIOS. This leads me to believe it is a difference in the EHC (or XHC) injections that might be causing a problem.

Also, are you using GenericUSBXHCI or are you testing the USB3 Multiplex patches with AppleUSBXHCI?

Since you have the hardware, maybe you can start experimenting?

I am using AppleUSBXHCI - it works great, even USB bluetooth is working great with meize USB patch from your repository.
Could you point me to the "6-series USB patch instead of the 7-series USB patch". I am not sure what you meant.

The wake seems to be neither kext specific nor standard USB/Meize USB patch specific. Neither Mac OS X version specific.

I am using AppleUSBXHCI - it works great, even USB bluetooth is working great with meize USB patch from your repository.
Could you point me to the "6-series USB patch instead of the 7-series USB patch". I am not sure what you meant.

The wake seems to be neither kext specific nor standard USB/Meize USB patch specific. Neither Mac OS X version specific.

See my laptop patches: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back