Contribute
Register

Do non Gigabyte H77/Z77 motherboards work just as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh Prodigy
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have heard that the Gigabyte boards are the best when using a DSDT, but I was wondering about when I wasn't? I'm buying the Intel Core i5 3570K at Micro Center and some people have said that the sales person will actually give you $40 off on a compatible motherboard. I'm looking to purchase a Mini ITX H77 or Z77 (most likely Z77 because I've already purchased a Corsair H60 water cooler so I can over clock) and Micro Center maybe has four of them. In can go to 2 different Micro Centers and at one of them, there is the Gigabyte Z77 Mini ITX, but at the other one which is closer, they only have AS Rock ones, and an Asus that I can't afford.

Basically, to cut to the chase, my question is will boards like the AS Rock,etc ones work just as well as the Gigabyte ones? Also do the AS Rock,etc H77/Z77 boards need a DSDT besides for HDMI audio? I know the Gigabyte ones only need one for HDMI audio.

Thanks for the help!

HyperMac5

I have heard that the Gigabyte boards are the best when using a DSDT, but I was wondering about when I wasn't? I'm buying the Intel Core i5 3570K at Micro Center and some people have said that the sales person will actually give you $40 off on a compatible motherboard. I'm looking to purchase a Mini ITX H77 or Z77 (most likely Z77 because I've already purchased a Corsair H60 water cooler so I can over clock) and Micro Center maybe has four of them. In can go to 2 different Micro Centers and at one of them, there is the Gigabyte Z77 Mini ITX, but at the other one which is closer, they only have AS Rock ones, and an Asus that I can't afford.

Basically, to cut to the chase, my question is will boards like the AS Rock,etc ones work just as well as the Gigabyte ones? Also do the AS Rock,etc H77/Z77 boards need a DSDT besides for HDMI audio? I know the Gigabyte ones only need one for HDMI audio.

Thanks for the help!

HyperMac5

Forum member kduvernay did a very nice review/writeup evaluating several non-Gigabyte Z77 boards for their "Hackintosh-readiness". It's a good read: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/73558-z77-matx-motherboards-os-x.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back