Contribute
Register

Do I use EasyBeast and DSDT Free for Sabertooth x79 - ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z490-A
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX5600XT
Post 10.9.4 install, would it be standard procedure to only install EasyBeast? Or reboot and then also run DSDT Free install?

ASUS SABERTOOTH X79

Xeon E5 1650 v2
16GB 1600MHz DDR3
GeForce GT 740
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi

I have little to no understanding of 99% of the technical terms, acronyms and discussions. I've been reading the forum successful builds. Several attempts to improve my Hack resulted in it not working requiring fresh start-overs. Is there a premium support option available either here or on some other site for my Hackintosh questions and issues?

Thank you.

Post 10.9.4 install, would it be standard procedure to only install EasyBeast? Or reboot and then also run DSDT Free install?

ASUS SABERTOOTH X79

Xeon E5 1650 v2
16GB 1600MHz DDR3
GeForce GT 740
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi

I have little to no understanding of 99% of the technical terms, acronyms and discussions. I've been reading the forum successful builds. Several attempts to improve my Hack resulted in it not working requiring fresh start-overs. Is there a premium support option available either here or on some other site for my Hackintosh questions and issues?

Thank you.

after a fresh installation i normally just open multibeast and select from the quick start menu dsdt-free installation because my motherboard doesn't need a dsdt (yours doesn't either) after that i go through the menus and select the kexts i need such as my audio kext and my ethernet kext and so on(kexts are basically drivers from windows) but yeah thats basically it i skip the easybeast all together and about the premium support im not sure about that

Hey, thanks DapperMan for the reply.

Yes my board is dsdt free. So the install works if I post install Easybeast or DSDT Free settings (I've tried both on clean installs… also doing the audio and ethernet)… plus using the boot flag "npci=0x2000".

I've tried some additional choices that I've seen in posts about successful builds. Sometimes this broke my system and I'd have to start over from scratch.

I'd like to get my system working to the best of it's ability and I don't know how to pre-determine whether a MultiBeast setting is right for my system. Either I can't find information or it's too confusing.

The audio never worked, I'd like to get it working.

I guess I'd like clearer step-by-step instructions for the beginner… and/or a premium support option where I could get fast knowledgable help at a reasonable cost. Tonymacx86 has been a valuable resource. I used the buyers guide links to get my components which I understand supports the site.

But trying to sort out information in a forum thread with over 700 posts about "Mavericks - No Audio" is a daunting challenge.

Thanks again.

Hey, thanks DapperMan for the reply.

Yes my board is dsdt free. So the install works if I post install Easybeast or DSDT Free settings (I've tried both on clean installs… also doing the audio and ethernet)… plus using the boot flag "npci=0x2000".

I've tried some additional choices that I've seen in posts about successful builds. Sometimes this broke my system and I'd have to start over from scratch.

I'd like to get my system working to the best of it's ability and I don't know how to pre-determine whether a MultiBeast setting is right for my system. Either I can't find information or it's too confusing.

The audio never worked, I'd like to get it working.

I guess I'd like clearer step-by-step instructions for the beginner… and/or a premium support option where I could get fast knowledgable help at a reasonable cost. Tonymacx86 has been a valuable resource. I used the buyers guide links to get my components which I understand supports the site.

But trying to sort out information in a forum thread with over 700 posts about "Mavericks - No Audio" is a daunting challenge.

Thanks again.

I'm assuming your system hangs at boot if you don't use "npci=0x2000" correct? Also for me to help you with the correct settings in Multibeast I would need you to provide me a list of all your hardware components I don't think you mentioned if you are on a solid state drive or not.

I too am having issues with this combination.
I had a working build with a maximus v formula, i72700k, 32gb crucial ballistic sport, nvidia gtx titan.
I'm having issues with my new build though. The new build includes the following components.
mobo= Asus sabertooth x79
chipset= intel xeon 1650v2 "6 cores"
mem= 64gb crucial ballistic sport
graphics card= nvidia gtx titan
I will either be using a Samsung 840 evo 500gb, or an actual apple 500gb 5400rpm hdd.
Also have the pci express wlan card tp4800, and the bluetooth dongle advertised on this site.

I can get through the install process but the system hangs on reboot.
when i use the -v setting it seems to get hung up on the cpu-states.
If anyone has experience with this build your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I too am having issues with this combination.
I had a working build with a maximus v formula, i72700k, 32gb crucial ballistic sport, nvidia gtx titan.
I'm having issues with my new build though. The new build includes the following components.
mobo= Asus sabertooth x79
chipset= intel xeon 1650v2 "6 cores"
mem= 64gb crucial ballistic sport
graphics card= nvidia gtx titan
I will either be using a Samsung 840 evo 500gb, or an actual apple 500gb 5400rpm hdd.
Also have the pci express wlan card tp4800, and the bluetooth dongle advertised on this site.

I can get through the install process but the system hangs on reboot.
when i use the -v setting it seems to get hung up on the cpu-states.
If anyone has experience with this build your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Dude, don't hijack a thread. Create your own.

EDIT,

you did create your own thread, less than 3 hours ago. Give it some time man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back