Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I built a Hackintosh 4 or 5 years ago that has ran rock solid throughout that time but i really need to update it.

My motherboard is a GA-Z68X-UD3H and an i5 2500k processor.

I need a processor that is good enough for editing 1080p and 4k footage in Premiere Pro as well as a graphics card to match.

Would I be able to use the motherboard I currently have or would it be best to update it all?

I built a Hackintosh 4 or 5 years ago that has ran rock solid throughout that time but i really need to update it.

My motherboard is a GA-Z68X-UD3H and an i5 2500k processor.

I need a processor that is good enough for editing 1080p and 4k footage in Premiere Pro as well as a graphics card to match.

Would I be able to use the motherboard I currently have or would it be best to update it all?

Suggest try your existing system. If it does well with your apps for editing, then no need to replace. Try a GPU upgrade first, maybe a GTX 970/980 depending on your budget. If you find you need to update CPU later, then you can still use the GPU with the new board/cpu.

Suggest try your existing system. If it does well with your apps for editing, then no need to replace. Try a GPU upgrade first, maybe a GTX 970/980 depending on your budget. If you find you need to update CPU later, then you can still use the GPU with the new board/cpu.

Thats perfect and what I wanted to hear, cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back