Contribute
Register

Do I need FakeSMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time ever I have managed to get a fully working machine straight after installation except for getting CPU Power Management working properly and it's booting without any FakeSMC installed.

You are mistaken, you cannot run without FakeSMC.kext.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextstat

You will see org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC in the list of kexts.

You are mistaken, you cannot run without FakeSMC.kext.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextstat

You will see org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC in the list of kexts.

bloody hell :banghead:..... it is loaded .... and without even running MB. I think it's been added by Unibeast into my Clover boot partition. My eyes are so messed from reading forums :crazy: I did already check this morning to see if I could see FakeSMC but only looked in S/L/E forgot to run kextstat ..... I really knew you had to have FakeSMC .... duh I'm really not with it today at all

THANK YOU .... thought I was going bloody mad ... well .... that's still disputable.

Still does ZIP then for helping me getting power management and speedstepping working. I WILL get to the bottom of this .... think I have to sit and figure out how to patch my own DSDT ..... probably 50% of the way there of understanding it but getting KP's with the DSDT I created today. Otherwise I just forget about CPU speedstepping altogether and just go back to my OC'd 4.2 Ghz config which gave about 22890 on Geekbench but no cpu idling.

I did already check this morning to see if I could see FakeSMC but only looked in S/L/E forgot to run kextstat

Try /Library/Extensions not /System/Library/Extensions.
Or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12.

Any chance you can help on patching an SSDT.aml to get the LPC Patch installed ???
That is off-topic in a Mountain Lion thread about Do I need FakeSMC.

You should start a new thread in the appropriate section of the forum.

That is off-topic in a Mountain Lion thread about Do I need FakeSMC.

You should start a new thread in the appropriate section of the forum.

Aww, thought I could sneakily get some help. Will post in Sierra and see if anybody helps. What is the best forum to post in to get help with a DSDT??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back