Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hello again i am back :D

Need help about this laptops what is best to work with snow leopard 10.6.2 -10.6.3 ?
Installing ...(no hard fixing...etc...)

I search along for now maybe 2 months and find a few laptop with NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 320M (because i have toshiba which have ati mobilty that doesnt work)
so i collect a few to choose I want all of you yours opinion....maybe some has the same laptop ... :rolleyes: :?:

I now that Asus has Intel Core 2 Duo other laptop has Intel I3 i know that they are faster ..but i would like to know everything else about them...
Also ALL they have diferent hard drives speed,and size in Gigabytes .. and HP DV7 has bigger screen 17" other two has 15"
Questions.which wont make me a lot of problems...???(now when they all have NVIDIA inside)

First is Asus (cheaper)

Asus K50ID-SX090 model
specs
Intel Core 2 Duo T6670 2,2 GHz
chipset
NVIDIA MCP79D
RAM 3 GB ddr3
HDD 320 GB sata
VGA NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M
card reader, web camera,
LAN (dont know which model type)
WLAN, (dont know which model or type)
bluetooth
dvd rw+-
screen 15.6"
doesnt have express card slot

-------------------------------------------------------

Second is HP Pavilion
HP Pavilion dv6-2160em model (15.6 inch screen )

Processor
Intel® Core™ i3 Processor i3-330M
• 2.13 GHz, Level 2 cache 3 MB
Chipset
Intel® HM55
Memory
4 GB DDR3 (2 x 2048 MB)
500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm
Optical drives
SATA optical drive: LightScribe SuperMulti DVD±RW with Double Layer Support
Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 320M, up to 2299 MB total graphics memory with 1 GB dedicated DDR3
Expansion features
Slots
1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34), 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards
l
Webcam
HP Pavilion Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone; VGA

Network interface
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (dont know what lan adapter)
Wireless technologies
802.11 b/g/n (dont know what wifi card )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and third model is also HP Pavillon
HP Pavilion dv7-3160em model (17inch screen )
Processor
Intel® Core™ i3 Processor i3-330M
• 2.13 GHz, Level 2 cache 3 MB
Chipset
Intel® HM55

Memory
4 GB DDR3 (2 x 2048 MB)
500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm
Optical drives
SATA optical drive: LightScribe SuperMulti DVD±RW with Double Layer Support

Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 320M, up to 2299 MB total graphics memory with 1 GB dedicated DDR3
Expansion features
Slots
1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34), 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards
Webcam
HP Pavilion Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone; VGA low-light
Network interface
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (dont know type model)
Wireless technologies
802.11 b/g/n (dont know type model)
Bluetooth® wireless networking
--------------------------------------------

SO to resume
Asus has slower processor and Nvidia Chipset and 15 screen.
Troubles instaling on SL 10.6.2 10.6.3 ? :?:

Do I have to create DSDT not find pon net for this type model asus dsdt package?
Is ti hard to create

HP DV6 faster processor ,15.6 screen chipset Intel (maybe less problem )
Troubles instaling on SL 10.6.2 10.6.3 ? :?:

Do I have to create DSDT not find pon net for this type model asus dsdt package?
Is ti hard to create for Hp'

And HP dv7 same processor as dv6 bigger screen 17" ... same chipset as dv6 .... (most exprensive because bigger screen)

I found a lot of post about fan run all the time on this HP dv6 and dv7 even if laptop is idle...not open any application

I cant figure out what is that about DSTD package and if I have to create one for my on laptor but detail model by model to work how to create it for this models ?
Or somebody did already have it...
I google around but now find for this ...

Thanks

Goldios...

Sometimes you can get the laptops to "work" (maybe not FULL functionality) with just using Easybeast, but I think using DSDT will get more features working.

The fan runs all the time on my HP DV9700, which is annoying, but those laptops had a problem with the graphics card going bad because of the heat, so sometimes the fan running constantly is a good thing!

I believe if you were to modify the DSDT for whatever laptop you choose, you could get the fan speed to vary with the temperature of the CPU.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back