Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660
Hi,

I have a integrated/discrete graphics config with the GTX 660 and HD 4000. I installed yosemite fine, but after the computer boots up and in the login screen, the displays are mirrored.

After logging in, however, the setup reverts to one primary/the other one extended, as I want it. Anyone know how to fix this, so I have an extended view on my second monitor, during login as well? This wasnt a problem in Mavericks.

wow i finally found someone with the exact problem i'm having. please tell me you've found a fix for this.

GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7-3770K, HD4000, GTX770.
using clover 2953, Nvidia Web Driver - 343.01.01f01

which board are you using? if gigabyte, what are your bios configure?

I was on maverick with chameleon before, everything was fine.

Hi,

I have a integrated/discrete graphics config with the GTX 660 and HD 4000. I installed yosemite fine, but after the computer boots up and in the login screen, the displays are mirrored.

After logging in, however, the setup reverts to one primary/the other one extended, as I want it. Anyone know how to fix this, so I have an extended view on my second monitor, during login as well? This wasnt a problem in Mavericks.

I have the same thing happening - in Mavericks, my second display was just the grey background of the login screen; in Yosemite it's a mirror of the login screen. After logging in I have extended display.

I don't really even care about this, it's just odd that it changed.

hi guys,

i can't seem to find a solution for this. i'm seeking help everywhere.
can you share as much info about your system and configuration? so we can see a common thread our system shares.

i was on chameleon on maverick. it was normal. jump on to clover for yosemite, and this happen. while everything else is fine.
i did install yosemite OVER maverick. so not a clean install. However, the same problem exist in a clean install i tested out.

I have also disable my HD4000, and i'm only using the GTX770. CSM in bios is disabled.

clover option setting videoports doesn't do anything for me. as well as dual link

hi guys,

i can't seem to find a solution for this. i'm seeking help everywhere.
can you share as much info about your system and configuration? so we can see a common thread our system shares.

i was on chameleon on maverick. it was normal. jump on to clover for yosemite, and this happen. while everything else is fine.
i did install yosemite OVER maverick. so not a clean install. However, the same problem exist in a clean install i tested out.

I have also disable my HD4000, and i'm only using the GTX770. CSM in bios is disabled.

clover option setting videoports doesn't do anything for me. as well as dual link

Mine seems to have fixed itself - I didn't consciously do anything to fix it, but now it is properly extending the display instead of mirroring at the login screen.

For what it's worth, I'm using the standard Chimera, single graphics card (GT 640) with dual monitors, primary on HDMI and secondary on DVI. I have processor graphics disabled in the UEFI BIOS, and the flags "GraphicsEnabler=No" and "IGPEnabler=No" in my /Extra/org.Chameleon.boot.plist.

Oh cool! I was just about to try this with Processor graphics disabled in BIOS, but then since my "IGPEnabler" was set to yes, my machine was stuck in the Apple Logo load screen.

Also, for what its worth, you can cycle between mirrored and non-mirrored at the login screen using the Cmd+F1 shortcut. That worked for me, but its kind of annoying to have to manually do.\

UPDATE:

Mine seems to have fixed itself - I didn't consciously do anything to fix it, but now it is properly extending the display instead of mirroring at the login screen.

For what it's worth, I'm using the standard Chimera, single graphics card (GT 640) with dual monitors, primary on HDMI and secondary on DVI. I have processor graphics disabled in the UEFI BIOS, and the flags "GraphicsEnabler=No" and "IGPEnabler=No" in my /Extra/org.Chameleon.boot.plist.

This worked for me! Now the second screen is properly extended. The only downside - since I dont have my IGPEnabled, I cant do airplay off my desktop computer :(

thanks, you can also enable auto-login. temporally solution though

also can anyone confirm this other symptom?

occasionally 4 out of 10 reboot, all my monitors would get really heavy screen artifacts. Mouse cursor trailing, screen clipping and tearing, crazy strobe-ish flash. i would then toggle from nvidia web driver to osx default driver, then reboot. then toggle back the nvidia web driver.

I also experience this issue. Can't seem to pinpoint the cause / solution, but I notice if I do Settings->Energy Saver->Restore defaults, it will go away. Coincidence? No idea. Trying to figure this one out.

Finally I completely got rid of this issue. I just plugged my DVI-display to DVI-D port instead of DVI-I. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back