Quadro 4000, 3x 580, HD4600
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I have been reading up a lot on this forum and insanelymac on how to build a hackintosh.
after a lot of research, i took the plunge and went to my local electronics store.
after a lot of trial and error with the latest iboot and multibeast, it worked! thanks to everyone one this forum and at insanelymac.

my setup is as follows:
rampage III extreme
i7 990x @3.47 (oc comes later)
12 GB 1333
quadro 4000 (mac version chosen for compatibility, and performance in maya and cs5)
p3 128 boot, 1tb WD data
2770H main display, DIY cintiq 1680x1050 15" as second display
The system is very stable, cinebench around 9 and 30 fps.

there is one crack in the road though. the displayport doenst work under osx.
the connection is DP->DVI
Under windows it works perfect.

funnily enough, when i tried booting only on displayport, is that it boots until the white screen with the apple logo, but when going to the desktop it looses connection and turns into a black screen. system profiler doesnt recognize it either. The dvi is working fine.
i tried this with both screens seperately on the displayport, with the same outcome.

the fact that it works under windows and that it boots untill the desktop, makes this a software issue i think. maybe extensions added by multibeast? this is my first build( pc and mac) so i can be classified as a noob :)
I have searched everywhere and cannot find a solution to this problem.

can somebody please me help solve this?

P.S. installed from 10.6 retail, and updated to 10.6.7 with the latest Nvidia drivers
ID= macpro3,1, graphicsenabler=yes, 64-bit bootscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back