Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z87N-Wifi
CPU
Graphics
GTX 980ti
Hi!

I have an issue with my GTX980 Ti. Since I upgraded to High Sierra my DisplayPort isn’t working properly. On Sierra I had no issues.
Whenever I turn off my screen and restart it I only get a black screen. If I am using hdmi everything is working fine. No waking problems. But I need the hdmi on my monitor for a second device. The only fix is a hard restart of my Mac.
My Mac is running almost 24/7 so I usually just turn off the monitor.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Hi!

I have an issue with my GTX980 Ti. Since I upgraded to High Sierra my DisplayPort isn’t working properly. On Sierra I had no issues.
Whenever I turn off my screen and restart it I only get a black screen. If I am using hdmi everything is working fine. No waking problems. But I need the hdmi on my monitor for a second device. The only fix is a hard restart of my Mac.

My screen flashes off for a second or two only when waking the whole machine from sleep and it only happens after I log back in. Didn't happen before on any other version of macOS. It does come back on though and then works fine.

Hi!

share please your EFI folder. in my case, 960, displayport just black screen and a working mouse. i could easy access desktop over screen sharing

I have the same issue. HDMI works find but display port and DVI do not work at all. Won't even show on BIOS screen.

If you aren't getting the BIOS screen then this isn't a hackintosh issue.

Not getting BIOS through the DisplayPort or DVI. Works fine through HDMI, including BIOS. Mobo works fine otherwise.

Not getting bios through DisplayPort and DVI has nothing to do with a hackintosh. I would suggest trying your card in another OS just to verify.

Not getting bios through DisplayPort and DVI has nothing to do with a hackintosh. I would suggest trying your card in another OS just to verify.

Even if I am getting full acceleration through HDMI? It worked fine in 10.12.6 so I wouldn't assume it would be a hardware failure. I thought it might be the display port cable but I also have a DVI cable and that didn't work either.

Even if I am getting full acceleration through HDMI? It worked fine in 10.12.6 so I wouldn't assume it would be a hardware failure. I thought it might be the display port cable but I also have a DVI cable and that didn't work either.

The bios has nothing to do with macOS so you need to verify that the ports actually work using another OS. DisplayPort and DVI have the best support in macOS so they both should work. I am using DisplayPort on my GTX 970 in High Sierra and can also access the bios while using DisplayPort. Can you see the Clover boot selection screen when using DisplayPort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back