CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, I couldn't get 1080p resolution when using display port 2.1 cable for my monitor, only 1024 x 768 max. But it's working fine when using dvi cable. Is there something I missed? Monitor dell u2312hm, vga gtx 950, high sierra.

There is no DisplayPort 2.1 standard at all as the latest version is 2.0. What did you really use?

There is no DisplayPort 2.1 standard at all as the latest version is 2.0. What did you really use?
Sorry my mistake, it's DP 1.2

Could be the DP cable or the port it is connected to is defective, and you need to use a different cable or port?

Have you tried one of the other DP ports (there are usually 3 x DP ports) on a GTX 950.

2747-i-o.jpg Nvidia GTX 950 connectors.

Are you using the correct version of the Nvidia Web Drivers to match the version of macOS High Sierra you are running?

Hi Edhawk, my zotac gtx 950 mini has only 1 DP/hdmi/dvi/vga port. It's been running fine for years using dvi cable with the latest high sierra nvidia drivers. Recently I got “the current input timing is not supported by the monitor display” random error on my Dell monitor. I thought the dvi cable has defected so I tried using DP cable but it can only go to 1366x768 max. Maybe the problem it's on the graphic card port?

Maybe the problem it's on the graphic card port?
The security certificates for the Nvidia web drivers expired on 1st June.
Remove the graphics card and use your processor's integrated graphics or install supported hardware.

So the problem is revealed: The Web Driver is dead that the DVI signal can’t be detected, and it goes to VESA mode.

@P1LGRIM @Bustycat I'm still using nvidia web driver, and the dvi cable still support full hd. Can't get full hd only when using DP cable.

Attachments

• Error1.jpg
    Error1.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back