Radeon 6450
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hello guys!

As always I wanna thanks first all the people that help make this site possible!

Now to the issue. I'm building a Haswell Hackintosh for a college so we can work with Pro Tools 10 sharing the projects.
I had to take my GPU, an Asus Nvidia 210, from my Hackintosh to get to the installer. After I installed 10.9.5 using Chimera I could run Multibeast 6.51 and I installed the HD graphics fix for 9x motherboards and the other drivers using a dsdt free installation. I restarted to see if I could get to the desktop and it worked. The bootflag GraphicsEnabler=YES for the 210 was used.

Then I removed the discrete GPU and tried to get to the desktop and after a bit of spinning the display turned off. I started to research what to do and I tried several convinations of boot flags: -v -F -x npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 from Tony's Graphic bootflags post, IGPEnabler Y/N, IGPlatformID=0D220003, IGPlatformID=0412 these should work with the HD4600, but no luck.

I found some other posts that talked about changing the Azul frameworkbuffer, but in another post from Stork said that the fix in Multibeast 6.51 should do the Job.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

The build:
MOBO: Asus h97m-e cms
CPU: i7 4790k
Ram: 2 x 8 Gbs PYN Anarchy at 1600 GHz
SSD: Adata M.2 240 Gbs
Discrete GPU for installation: Asus Nvidia 210

Bios settings
Default settings + GPU Graphics Mem set to 64 mb
I checked that virtalization was off and sata was to achi.

From booting in verbose mode with only -v the display turns off and on very quickly and continues loading the stuff until it turns completely off. Adding other flags end in the bluetooth error.

Thanks for your help!

If you have to run 10.9.5 on Haswell hardware, why not have the College spend the 30 dollars necessary to install a 210 on this build ? Mavericks never worked well with the Haswell CustoMacs and integrated HD4600 graphics as you are finding out. The other option would be to install Yosemite and use at least ProTools 11.3 with that. The HD4600 igfx would work fine in that scenario. Just a few of my thoughts.

Last edited:
Hello guys!

As always I wanna thanks first all the people that help make this site possible!

Now to the issue. I'm building a Haswell Hackintosh for a college so we can work with Pro Tools 10 sharing the projects.
I had to take my GPU, an Asus Nvidia 210, from my Hackintosh to get to the installer. After I installed 10.9.5 using Chimera I could run Multibeast 6.51 and I installed the HD graphics fix for 9x motherboards and the other drivers using a dsdt free installation. I restarted to see if I could get to the desktop and it worked. The bootflag GraphicsEnabler=YES for the 210 was used.

Then I removed the discrete GPU and tried to get to the desktop and after a bit of spinning the display turned off. I started to research what to do and I tried several convinations of boot flags: -v -F -x npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 from Tony's Graphic bootflags post, IGPEnabler Y/N, IGPlatformID=0D220003, IGPlatformID=0412 these should work with the HD4600, but no luck.

I found some other posts that talked about changing the Azul frameworkbuffer, but in another post from Stork said that the fix in Multibeast 6.51 should do the Job.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

The build:
MOBO: Asus h97m-e cms
CPU: i7 4790k
Ram: 2 x 8 Gbs PYN Anarchy at 1600 GHz
SSD: Adata M.2 240 Gbs
Discrete GPU for installation: Asus Nvidia 210

Bios settings
Default settings + GPU Graphics Mem set to 64 mb
I checked that virtalization was off and sata was to achi.

From booting in verbose mode with only -v the display turns off and on very quickly and continues loading the stuff until it turns completely off. Adding other flags end in the bluetooth error.

Thanks for your help!

Why not use Clover it is easier. Personally better to use Asus Nvidia 210 and disable onboard iGPU to avoid any problems.

Trs 96 and VioletDragon,

thanks so much for your input. Yes, we ended buying the nvidia 210 to make it work and no issues from that day.

I tried to install the system with clover like 3 times, but I'm missing something with the settings I guess and the system turns unstable. So I went at the end with what have worked for me, the ol good mutibeast. I'm not gonna quit on trying clover, but for now me and my college have some projects to work on.

Again, thanks for the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back