Graphics
Kein Plan alda
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Greetings!

I am experiencing some strange problems which I was not able to fix by now.

My Hardware:

• ASUS P5Q SE2
  • Intel E6300 @2.8GHz (DualCore)
  • GeForce 250S
  • 40GB SATA Drive (Mac OS journaled formatted)
  • Random RAM (2x2GB)

Bootparameters:
I tried nearly everything but no avail. (-x; -x -PCIRootUID=0; -x -PCIRootUID=1; -x -v -PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes; -npci=0x3000 ...)

I used Unibeast to create a bootable drive.

Code:
using 64-bit bootcache playlist
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
hfs: mounted Pro Tools on device disk8s1
** AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider
SMC::smcReadyKeyAction ERROR LsNN kSMCKeyNotFound(0x04) fKeyHashTable=0x0
SMC::smcGetLightshowVers ERROR: smcReadKey LsMM failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)
SMC::sumcPublishLightshowVersion ERROR: smcGetLightshowVers failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)
SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: smcPublishLightshowVersion failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)
Previous Shutdown Cause: 5
SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode
NVDAStratup: Official
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][Start] -- completed

After this the monitor goes to sleep and is unable to wake up.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings :)

Greetings again,

I'm running out of ideas what to try. Feels like I've tried every single bootflag, but it just wont let me enter the setup. OS X 10.6 runs perfectly.

Any ideas left? :/

Hey guys... I had an issue something like this.. But I was stuck on the Apple loading screen when trying to update.. Here are some steps i took.. Dont know if any of them will be any help for you situations? But its atleast somewhere to start...

Have you possibly tried to boot using the usb or iboot installer.. When i was doing my update combo from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 i had tried EVERYTHING!!! When it came down to it all i had to do was put my iboot cd back in and boot from it! HAHA then i was able to download 10.9 and make unibeast usb..

**Information Below Taken from SquadSteven's Build**
Have you possibly done any bios update?
Press F7 to load optimized default values then proceed to change it.
3.1. Under Peripherals > xHCI Mode, change it to AUTO
3.2. Under Peripherals > xHCI Hand-OFF, change it to ENABLED
3.3. Under Peripherals > EHCI Hand-OFF, Change it to Enabled
3.4. Under Peripherals > Internal Graphics, Change it to Disabled.
3.5. Under Peripherals > Init Display First, change it to the PCIe slot that you placed your graphics card in.
3.6. Under Power Management > Wake on Lan, change it to Disabled.
3.7. Under BIOS Features > Boot Options, change it to your boot disk but pick the one that starts with P2 or some number like that.
- Do not select the UEFI version else you will get the missing operating system error.

4. Save and Exit Bios.

Also do not choose Chimera Bootloader in Multibeast, Install that standalone via the Downloads section here at TonyMacx86
**Information Above taken from SquadSteven's Build**

I hope this helps, if i can think of anything else at all i will post.. Sorry if i have wasted anymore of your time...

Ha, thank you for your reply! I managed to get into the setup by now and currently it is installing.

The problem (probably) was, that I typed "-GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and "-PCIRootUID=0", instead of "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and "PCIRootUID=0" I did not know, that this makes it fail :banghead:
How ever it's now installing and I'm happy :mrgreen:

It worked for me using the following parameters: GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0 -v

Greetings :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back