Motherboard
Alienware M17xR3
CPU
Intel i7-2760QM 2.4GHz 4 Core(s)
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My desktop won't appear, other applications are getting display lag with my cursor, and there is a patch of colored pixels in the top left corner. I've tried changing the smbios countless times, enabling and disabling boot args in different combinations including nv_disable=1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, nvda_drv=1, and injecting Nvidia. I've also installed the following kexts: Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup_1.2.0, and NVWebDriverLibValFix. I've tried booting with lower resolutions and I've tried every display setting in system preferences. I'm stuck. I have the Nvidia web drivers installed as well as Cuda. The weird thing is that everything is responsive and quick, other than this display issue. Has anyone found a fix for this or know a possible fix that I could try? I've included a photo reference similar to the one posted above.

This seems to be a problem with the desktop and native applications only as you can see in my photo that YouTube is running prefect full screen with zero lag zero display malfunctions over wifi with audio. Hopefully this will be an easy fix and if I find it, I'll update this comment.
20171016_014910.jpg
20171016_021622.jpg

My desktop won't appear, other applications are getting display lag with my cursor, and there is a patch of colored pixels in the top left corner. I've tried changing the smbios countless times, enabling and disabling boot args in different combinations including nv_disable=1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, nvda_drv=1, and injecting Nvidia. I've also installed the following kexts: Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup_1.2.0, and NVWebDriverLibValFix. I've tried booting with lower resolutions and I've tried every display setting in system preferences. I'm stuck. I have the Nvidia web drivers installed as well as Cuda. The weird thing is that everything is responsive and quick, other than this display issue. Has anyone found a fix for this or know a possible fix that I could try? I've included a photo reference similar to the one posted above.

This seems to be a problem with the desktop and native applications only as you can see in my photo that YouTube is running prefect full screen with zero lag zero display malfunctions over wifi with audio. Hopefully this will be an easy fix and if I find it, I'll update this comment. View attachment 286192 View attachment 286193

Which Nvidia drivers are you using? (web drivers or native drivers?)

Why are you "injecting Nvidia" if you're using the web drivers?

Like I've stated, I've tried ticking it just for experimental purposes and reverted back. I don't have it on in my config.plist.

Attachments

• Brian’s iMac.zip
    565.2 KB · Views: 50
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • RehabMan.zip
    144 bytes · Views: 65
This is all I was able to get as the display on terminal was horrendous. Hope this helps, thank you.

iMac14,2 is not a good choice for a Sandy Bridge laptop.
Avoid VoodooTSCSync (implement proper CPU PM, see guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.232994/)

You might consider using native Nvidia drivers instead of the web drivers.
You should probably also be injecting EDID (note that config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID does nothing) and may need to inject the properties required for laptop Nvidia. See my github for ideas.

Your config.plist is a bit of a mess (kitchen sink approach to ACPI/DSDT/Fixes, I see).

Also, you should probably search for guides/info for hardware similar to yours. You might find some better information regarding proper setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back