Contribute
Register

Display port on 5770 shuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.
4pack said:
hmm thx, I'll have a dig into that later, atm it all reads like double dutch as have no idea what vervet is ? If I look in the info.plist file in the ati5000 controller kext I can see ref to hoolock and langur...

Are you saying I simply replace the text where is says "Aty,Langur" with "Aty,Vervet"??
To find the name of your framebuffer, in Terminal, type: ioreg | grep ATY
The answer to your question is simply, yes.

Argh!! So frustrating that I can't make it work!

I copied the ati5000 controller kext to my desktop and edited in Vervet. Then ran kextbeast and rebooted and verified that the vervet change stuck in the extensions dir, but I'm still unable to get it working. The closest I can get is a display on my displayport, and DVI and HDMI mirroring each other, but not three unique screens.

I have tried my active DP to DVI adapter as well as a straight DP to DP to my dell monitor.

Could you please tell me what connectors you are using on your video card?

So close now!

Well that didn't work so well, after mucking about all morning I'm back to square 2 again.

So replaced my original Ati kexts, restarted and went to ioreg | grep ATY in the terminal.

And got:
| | | | +-o ATY,Vervet@0 <class IOFBStub, id 0x10000034e, registered, $
| | | | | +-o ATY_Vervet <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x10000036c, regist$
| | | | +-o ATY,Vervet@1 <class IOFBStub, id 0x10000034f, registered, $
| | | | | +-o ATY_Vervet <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000003fd, regist$
| | | | +-o ATY,Vervet@2 <class IOFBStub, id 0x100000350, registered, $
| | | | | +-o ATY_Vervet <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x100000409, regist$
| | | | +-o ATY,Vervet@3 <class IOFBStub, id 0x100000351, registered, $
| | | | | +-o ATY_Vervet <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x100000415, regist$
| | | | +-o ATY,Vervet@0 <class IOFBStub, id 0x100000357, registered, $
| | | | | +-o ATY_Vervet <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x10000036f, regist$
| | | | +-o ATY,Vervet@1 <class IOFBStub, id 0x100000358, registered, $
| | | | | +-o ATY_Vervet <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000003ff, regist$
| | | | +-o ATY,Vervet@2 <class IOFBStub, id 0x100000359, registered, $
| | | | | +-o ATY_Vervet <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x10000040b, regist$
| | | | +-o ATY,Vervet@3 <class IOFBStub, id 0x10000035a, registered, $
| | | | | +-o ATY_Vervet <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x100000417, regist$

So as said before the frame buffer in use is Vervet.

Opened a copy of the Ati5000controller.kext and the info.plist and edited the bit the bit that said Languar to:

<key>Controller</key>
<dict>
<key>ATY,Hoolock</key>
<dict>
<key>aty_config</key>
<dict>
<key>CFG_FORCE_ICLK</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>ATY,Vervet</key>
<dict>
<key>aty_config</key>
<dict>
<key>CFG_FORCE_ICLK</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>ATY,Orangutan</key>
<dict>
<key>aty_config</key>
<dict>
<key>CFG_GPIO_HIGH</key>
<integer>131104</integer>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>ATY,Zonalis</key>
<dict>
<key>aty_config</key>
<dict>
<key>CFG_NO_PP</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Then saved it and used kext wizard to move into place then did maintenance tasks.

When I rebooted one of the monitors on the normal DVI failed to come on and the monitor using the Display Connector worked uptil login time where it basically had a load of fuzzy vertical stripes in various colours!

Also tried changing the name of the Hoolock parameter as well, but that didn't do anything, and just about everything else stopped things working altogether.

:banghead:

So back to the old old kexts where it works, just without app store (which for the moment I can live without)

I'm using 2x Dvi connections and 1x Active single link display port to Dvi Adaptor. With old kexts it works.

Sapphire card is a 5770 with the newer smaller heatshrink shroud which is my active one. Also have an older 5770 in the other slot (xfire in windows) which has the larger black and red shroud which I guess people seem to be calling the batmobile type?

All 3 displays need to be on the same card for eyefinity in windows, and using crossfire disables output on the slave card. So my other option is in OSX to run monitor 3 off a dvi to vga converter in card 2. Just the mac then thinks it has 4 displays. But not the end of the world...

And I was thinking of trading in for a 6970?!?

I've gotten those vertical colored bars before as well. I resolved it by either doing a full shut down and restart or unplugging and replugging the cable. However it would still mirror two of the displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back