CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630/GTX 1060 - 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've had my custom built Hackintosh running very nicely for the past month now.
The only issue is, and its not that big of a deal but;

When I first boot-up OSX I get the Apple Logo screen with the spinning loading icon at the bottom, then right after that screen I get a blue screen. The blue screen never goes away, the only way to fix it is to hit the power button on the tower once to put the system to sleep. After it goes to sleep fully I turn the system back on and I'm right at my Desktop ready to go.

Has anyone had this issue before?
Or does anyone have any ideas on how to possibly fix it?

Other than this one issue my graphics work perfectly.

My system specs are:

Gigabyte Z68 UD2h-B3 Motherboard
Intel i5 2500K Processor
8GB RAM
Nividia GeForce GT220 - 1GB RAM Graphics Card
OCZ MoxStream Pro 700Watt Power Supply
OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Re: Display Issue

vettz500 said:
I've had my custom built Hackintosh running very nicely for the past month now.
The only issue is, and its not that big of a deal but;

When I first boot-up OSX I get the Apple Logo screen with the spinning loading icon at the bottom, then right after that screen I get a blue screen. The blue screen never goes away, the only way to fix it is to hit the power button on the tower once to put the system to sleep. After it goes to sleep fully I turn the system back on and I'm right at my Desktop ready to go.

Has anyone had this issue before?
Or does anyone have any ideas on how to possibly fix it?

Other than this one issue my graphics work perfectly.

My system specs are:

Gigabyte Z68 UD2h-B3 Motherboard
Intel i5 2500K Processor
8GB RAM
Nividia GeForce GT220 - 1GB RAM Graphics Card
OCZ MoxStream Pro 700Watt Power Supply
OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8
What monitor and what port are you using?

[/quote]
What monitor and what port are you using?[/quote]

VGA

Haven't used a VGA port as my Graphics card doesn't have one. :) I did a search on the Login page for "VGA Blue Screen" and found a lot of links. Might have an answer in one of the links. :wave:

JohnnyMac2001 said:
Haven't used a VGA port as my Graphics card doesn't have one. :) I did a search on the Login page for "VGA Blue Screen" and found a lot of links. Might have an answer in one of the links. :wave:

Most of those are laptop issues and not one of them helped :/ I've done lots of searching already

vettz500 said:
JohnnyMac2001 said:

Most of those are laptop issues and not one of them helped :/ I've done lots of searching already
OK, hope someone will hop on and help! :think:

A couple of other thoughts. When I was setting up my 30" Apple Cinema Display, I would get a black screen on start up. I would pull the DVI plug and plug it back in and then it would work. I then found a link saying to set a corner for monitor sleep in screen saver. By moving my mouse arrow to the correct corner in the dark, and then moving the mouse, it would get my video working. I then found a program set called "Dockables" with sleepenabler as a part. Set this to launch on bootup in User. On boot up, it would turn off the monitor and a mouse click would start it.
My other thought is the search field. Is this the field you are using? :think:
search on login screen.png

Attachments

• search on login screen.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 179

My suggestion would be to use the DVI port because the VGA port is very finicky on
H-Toshes. Even using a cheap Ebay-$2 DVI to VGA adapter can/has solved screen resolution problems for me. If you use one, make sure it is the 24+5 pin adapter (the +1 pin did not work).

As for the 220 - have you had any problems with games?, I sold mine because a couple
of games would freeze the screen randomly (or so it seemed) Console would show a
nvidia driver error.

cheers

pizzamac said:
My suggestion would be to use the DVI port because the VGA port is very finicky on
H-Toshes. Even using a cheap Ebay-$2 DVI to VGA adapter can/has solved screen resolution problems for me. If you use one, make sure it is the 24+5 pin adapter (the +1 pin did not work).

As for the 220 - have you had any problems with games?, I sold mine because a couple
of games would freeze the screen randomly (or so it seemed) Console would show a
nvidia driver error.

cheers

I use my Hackintosh for Recording Studio work, running Logic Pro and Pro Tool's, I haven't done any gaming with it lol. But for what I need it to do, this graphics card has worked perfectly for me.

I'll order a DVI to VGA adapter and see if that takes care of my issue! Thanks!

JohnnyMac2001 said:
A couple of other thoughts. When I was setting up my 30" Apple Cinema Display, I would get a black screen on start up. I would pull the DVI plug and plug it back in and then it would work. I then found a link saying to set a corner for monitor sleep in screen saver. By moving my mouse arrow to the correct corner in the dark, and then moving the mouse, it would get my video working. I then found a program set called "Dockables" with sleepenabler as a part. Set this to launch on bootup in User. On boot up, it would turn off the monitor and a mouse click would start it.
My other thought is the search field. Is this the field you are using? :think:

I tried Dockables and no luck with my issues :( Just a blue screen still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back