Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock H270M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
My Mojave installation on my ThinkPad P72 is working fine with full QE/CI; however, upon putting the computer to sleep (or when it goes to sleep by itself), upon waking it up the screen becomes glitched and doubled across the top and bottom half of the display, like so:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_13837.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
My Mojave installation on my ThinkPad P72 is working fine with full QE/CI; however, upon putting the computer to sleep (or when it goes to sleep by itself), upon waking it up the screen becomes glitched and doubled across the top and bottom half of the display, like so:

View attachment 393834

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
you need to to the terminal commands from here:

you need to to the terminal commands from here:

Did you mean the shell commands disabling hibernation?

I just tried that, pressed sleep, and I still get the graphics glitch. I tried a restart, pressed sleep, and I still get the graphics glitch as well.

Did you mean the shell commands disabling hibernation?

I just tried that, pressed sleep, and I still get the graphics glitch. I tried a restart, pressed sleep, and I still get the graphics glitch as well.
terminal commands
from your files:
Code:
PMSET DUMP :-
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 standbydelaylow      10800
 standby              1
 womp                 1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 proximitywake        1
 powernap             1
 halfdim              1
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            10
 standbydelayhigh     86400
 sleep                1
 hibernatemode        3
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         10
 tcpkeepalive         1
 Standby Battery Threshold 50
 lidwake              1
END DUMP FOR PMSET

standby, autopoweroff, hibernatemode should be set to 0 and also disable the hibernation

This is what pmset -g gives me now:
Code:
Currently in use:
standby              0
womp                 1
proximitywake        1
powernap             1
halfdim              1
networkoversleep     0
disksleep            0
sleep                0
hibernatemode        0
ttyskeepawake        1
displaysleep         0
tcpkeepalive         1
lidwake              1

I'm sorry, I must clarify one thing; is it possible for me to sleep my computer? Or does hackintoshing mean I cannot press "Sleep" in the apple menu?

This is what pmset -g gives me now:
Code:
Currently in use:
standby              0
womp                 1
proximitywake        1
powernap             1
halfdim              1
networkoversleep     0
disksleep            0
sleep                0
hibernatemode        0
ttyskeepawake        1
displaysleep         0
tcpkeepalive         1
lidwake              1

I'm sorry, I must clarify one thing; is it possible for me to sleep my computer? Or does hackintoshing mean I cannot press "Sleep" in the apple menu?
yes, you can click apple -> sleep, that works here

what patches to you perform in your DSDT?

yes, you can click apple -> sleep, that works here

what patches to you perform in your DSDT?

I have patched my DSDT to get ACPI battery status working; I followed RehabMan's guide here.

AFAIK I don't think my patches in my DSDT file affects the sleep setting; however I wasn't aware I need to add any other patches to get sleep working.

I have patched my DSDT to get ACPI battery status working; I followed RehabMan's guide here.

AFAIK I don't think my patches in my DSDT file affects the sleep setting; however I wasn't aware I need to add any other patches to get sleep working.
you may want to check the patches USB3 instant wake ones to see if they apply to your machine

and maybe/or Fix_WAK Arg0 v2 in the list of fixes and trial and error some of those

you may want to check the patches USB3 instant wake ones to see if they apply to your machine

and maybe/or Fix_WAK Arg0 v2 in the list of fixes and trial and error some of those

Sorry I'm having trouble finding which ones you're referring to. Could you please be a little bit more specific?

Sorry I'm having trouble finding which ones you're referring to. Could you please be a little bit more specific?
sorry :)

from the guide:

when you open your DSDT.dsl with macIASL, click the patch button and on the left hand side, scroll down until you see the patches as mentioned above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back