Contribute
Register

display gray screen instead of desktop after the Apple Logo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
after installing the Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 without updating to 10.6.6 and running MultiBeast 3.2

- Audio - working
- Graphics - working (i can choose different resolutions from 800x600 to 1280x800)

all are working but i can't boot directly to my HDD. i can only boot using iBoot disc.

so run MultiBeast and check the recommend stuffs (i use EasyBeast cuz o don't have DSDT for my system) to be able to boot from HDD then run Kext Utility but still no luck. after the Apple Logo with spinning wheel (i believe this is the boot screen) at the button part then after about 30 secs. it show's a blank gray screen and waited for a couple of mins. but it doesn't load my desktop.

so i run the combo update 10.6.6 and also run MultiBeast and check the same stuffs what i did before and run Kext Utility and again the same thing was happen. and i've notice i lost my Ethernet driver after installing the Combo Update 10.6.6.

my problem is after the Apple Logo screen it doesn't proceed to my desktop instead display a blank gray screen and nothing happens.

suggestions are much appreciated

JasonTechie said:
after installing the Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 without updating to 10.6.6 and running MultiBeast 3.2

- Audio - working
- Graphics - working (i can choose different resolutions from 800x600 to 1280x800)

all are working but i can't boot directly to my HDD. i can only boot using iBoot disc.

so run MultiBeast and check the recommend stuffs (i use EasyBeast cuz o don't have DSDT for my system) to be able to boot from HDD then run Kext Utility but still no luck. after the Apple Logo with spinning wheel (i believe this is the boot screen) at the button part then after about 30 secs. it show's a blank gray screen and waited for a couple of mins. but it doesn't load my desktop.

so i run the combo update 10.6.6 and also run MultiBeast and check the same stuffs what i did before and run Kext Utility and again the same thing was happen. and i've notice i lost my Ethernet driver after installing the Combo Update 10.6.6.

my problem is after the Apple Logo screen it doesn't proceed to my desktop instead display a blank gray screen and nothing happens.

Your frame buffer is probably different than what is in the chameleon in MultiBeast.
At the chameleon boot screen hit a key to stop the timer and type in:
AtiConfig=framebuffer and substitute on of the frame buffers below for framebuffer

Eulemur
Gliff
Hoolock
Kipunji
Langur
Uakari
Vervet
Alouatta
Baboon
Colobus
Douc
Galago

Uakari is the one most likely to work on the HD5850

Going Bald said:
JasonTechie said:

- Audio - working

Your frame buffer is probably different than what is in the chameleon in MultiBeast.
At the chameleon boot screen hit a key to stop the timer and type in:
AtiConfig=framebuffer and substitute on of the frame buffers below for framebuffer

Eulemur
Gliff
Hoolock
Kipunji
Langur
Uakari
Vervet
Alouatta
Baboon
Colobus
Douc
Galago

Uakari is the one most likely to work on the HD5850

btw, my desktop PC is working fine. i'm referring to my Lenovo 3000 G400 laptop that has an Intel Mobile GMA950 built-in graphics. sorry for not including it on my first post.

JasonTechie said:
btw, my desktop PC is working fine. i'm referring to my Lenovo 3000 G400 laptop that has an Intel Mobile GMA950 built-in graphics. sorry for not including it on my first post.
In that case, please pose your question to the guys over on the Laptop forum:
viewforum.php?f=82
they can probably give you some tips to get it working. I wouldn't get hopes up too much though - if OS X wont support embedded graphics on a desktop board it might be a little hard to find a graphics driver for a laptop, although I hear the Wind and the Dell Mini10 work great (except you can't update to later than 10.6.1 because atom cpu support got lost with 10.6.2)

Going Bald said:
JasonTechie said:
In that case, please pose your question to the guys over on the Laptop forum:
viewforum.php?f=82
they can probably give you some tips to get it working. I wouldn't get hopes up too much though - if OS X wont support embedded graphics on a desktop board it might be a little hard to find a graphics driver for a laptop, although I hear the Wind and the Dell Mini10 work great (except you can't update to later than 10.6.1 because atom cpu support got lost with 10.6.2)

actually i figure out my laptop to boot from HDD ^__^

just do some trial and error and it work, at last :D

Moved to correct forum, Laptop Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back