Contribute
Register

display goes to sleep during installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I am trying to install 10.6.0 retail SL on to my new built, a GA-x58-ud3r (BIOS FB), 6gb (4gb physically installed during installtion),EVGA Gefore260 GTX, single 750 sata HD.

I am using iBoot2.6 and -x -v. The issue is that SL disk would load bunch of kexts and related installation files, then the display goes to sleep. After 15 seconds or so, the DVD would spin up again, but nothing shows up on the screen.

I can see it load NV50HAL drive, then, puuufff...the display goes to sleep

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated! thanks much!. :banghead:

When I today tried to install, I noticed, that when I used Lite-On DVDRW, all OK. But when I used other drives, install failed. I know, that in Imacs used Sony-Optiarc DVDRW. Some times I noticed Lite-On istalled in other Macs. Maybe it`s wrong?

Thanks! That's a good question. I have tried to swap different dvd drives and some can go into the installation screen, but mouse/kb freeze, while others just won't work. I will see if I can scramble some LiteOn or the official ones.

Any other possibilities? Would the graphics card be OK?

Just some closure for this thread. I have grabbed a Sony DVD DL drive from lab and tested it. The reading went smoother, but that still didn't solve the problem.

Then I digged out my old 7950GT and replaced the 260 GTX with it. Viola, it works perfect. I can now move to installation screen.

About the mouse/keyboard freeze, it turns out I can't use Microsoft Intelligent Mouse during the setup process. I switched to use wired might mouse, and it saved the day.

It was quite a interesting process, and I am glad I got it done with in 4 hours, which includes my build up time. :)

Thanks much Tony and everyone contributing to this forum!

Awesome thread viztang! I had the same issue with my GTX 260... never thought to try an older card. Popped in a 8600gts and I was able to proceed through install :)

Did someone fix this issue? I have the same GeForce GTX 260 with Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R but I don't have another graphics card. I've tried all combinations of -x -GraphicsEnabler=Yes -PCIRoot=1 -PCIRootUID=1 but no luck... Can anyone help, please?

Edit: I've also tried pulling out RAM so it's 4GB, plunging in the pci cable, also tried with GraphicsEnabler=No, but again the monitor turns off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back