Contribute
Register

Display artifacts and random rebooting on Elitebook 7 series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right.

Well no it's a 'new' machine I got refurbished from a computer shop downtown. So I don't know. Maybe i should try Yosemite, though I suspect I'll have the same problem.

to be clear, the artifacts are a separate issue, the major one is crashing... (not sure if they're related)
Yes I know. That kernel panic has something to do with GPU but since your laptop has integrated graphics this is very strange.

I don't think Yosemite would help.

Did this laptop have windows before you installed El Capitan? If so, did anything crashes happen?

Also what guide did you use?

Yes I know. That kernel panic has something to do with GPU but since your laptop has integrated graphics this is very strange.

I don't think Yosemite would help.

Did this laptop have windows before you installed El Capitan? If so, did anything crashes happen?

Also what guide did you use?

What DSDT patch did you use?

I'll try to remove and re-install all the drivers / kexts / etc from the hp probook installer.... thank you Rehabman

I see, thank you.

Yes it did have windows and it did have one strange crash, but not this frequent. I didn't run windows on it for very long at all though, not long enough to make an accurate comparison.

I used the one for Clover UEFI on hp probooks
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html

on the probook installer I installed the 'config and dsdt patcher \ hp laptop \ business model /\2x70/6x70b/8x70p dsdt. Also the fan behaviour that's reading only, and 1366x768 screen... does that answer your question?

I see, thank you.

Yes it did have windows and it did have one strange crash, but not this frequent. I didn't run windows on it for very long at all though, not long enough to make an accurate comparison.

I used the one for Clover UEFI on hp probooks
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html

on the probook installer I installed the 'config and dsdt patcher \ hp laptop \ business model /\2x70/6x70b/8x70p dsdt. Also the fan behaviour that's reading only, and 1366x768 screen... does that answer your question?

Make sure that you made no BIOS option changes, no hardware changes, no BIOS upgrades since you created your patched ACPI set with PBI-CE.

If you did, re-extract, re-patch.

hrmmn well the only thing i changed in my bios was the length of the boot display menu and the boot order. that shouldn't affect it, right?

hrmmn well the only thing i changed in my bios was the length of the boot display menu and the boot order. that shouldn't affect it, right?

No idea. If you know how to check, do that... (compare OperationRegion addresses of old ACPI files to new).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back