Contribute
Register

Display and Graphics Card, which should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lion 10.7.5
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys!
thanks to all the help from this forum and detailed Tonymacs instructions I have my Hackintosh up and running. I will be using it for office work mainly (emails, word processing, web). Also for some minor video editing (really minor). I have a Virtual Machine VMWare Fusion for Winwdows 7. I have to run some apps that only work in Windows.
So I don't need that much Graphics power.
At this moment, i use my LCD TV connected with HDMI as display. I have no graphics card yet.
I would like to get a 2560-by-1440 27inch Display and seem to find only ACD as a good option (Dell and other monitors with same resolution have an antiglare filter that make text look weird, at least thats what i have read).
So, any recommendations for an alternative for the ACD? If not, which Graphics card should I get that works fine with the ACD?
thanks in advance!

none other than ACD with thunderbolt and HD 6870 with mini display port :thumbup:

Text looks normal on an antiglare display... That's what I'd recommend.

And HD 6870

The HD6870 can handle Thunderbolt? Please confirm. I thought it was only possible to use the ACD and not Thunderbolt, please confirm.

Also i found different HD6870 cards:

XFX AMD Radeon HD 6870 900M 1 GB DDR5 DUAL MINIDP HDMI DUAL DVI PCI-E Video Card (HD687AZHFC) http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Radeon-MINIDP ... 700&sr=8-2

SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCIE Graphics Card http://www.amazon.com/SAPPHIRE-Radeon-6 ... 833&sr=1-1

etc.

All of them are good? Are all compatible with ACD/thunderbolt?
thanks

Sorry Hacman, still unclear on the which card to buy. I wan't to be 100% sure. The HD6870 recommended by Tonymac is the following:

GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2x Mini DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card GV-R687OC-1GD

so, is this the one that works with ACD 27"?
thanks,
c

I have the gigabyte 6870 that tony recommends, but it doesn't work with my new 27" acd :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back