Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I'm currently trying to do a Vanilla install of Catalina one the following config:

Case: Fractal Define R6 USB-C Noir FD-CA-DEF-R6C-BK
MotherBoard: Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K processeur 3,6 GHz 16 Mo Smart Cache - (Intel Core i9-9xxx, 3,6 GHz, LGA 1151, PC, 14 nm, i9-9900K)
GPU: MSI AMD RX 5700 XT 8G
Hard Drive: Samsung SSD Internal 970 PRO (1TB) - MZ-V7P1T0BW
Memory: HyperX Predator DDR4 64Go (Kit 4x16Go), 3600MHz CL17 DIMM XMP - HX436C17PB3K4/64
Power: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, 80+ GOLD 750W

I've created my USB installer and the config boots fine on it. It reaches the clover menu then starts in verbose mode. Once it reaches the apple logo loading bar, the display is weird (see picture)

I've used the same TV to connect my previous build (an old Sierra one) and it always worked fine.

Is this something I should expect with Catalina ? :)

I can still move around using the keyboard but no mouse (the large greyish square is supposed to be the mouse cursor but doesn't click).. Once I reach the screen asking where I want to install I can't select the drive with the keyboard so I'm stuck anyway.

I currently have no other display to check it on.

Any clues ? Let me know what you need ? :)

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 43
Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Any clues ?
Remove the graphics card and install Catalina using your processor's integrated graphics.
Once the OS is installed you can reinstall the graphics card.

So i've tried that and in that case, after the verbose part, it goesdark and no signal

Try using an invalid framebuffer.
Clover - Options - Graphics Injection :
Inject Intel
Platform ID 0x12345678

Thanks, will try that asap

Genius ! :)

OK, so far so good, it's installing.

I'll be back on another thread for the next error (or not)

Thanks

OK so it looks like I have to add those parameters manually every time I reboot, for ex during the install process. Do I have a way to make them stick ?

Oh and extra question: does those parameters only work with the IGFX ? Or will they work also if I plug my Radeon back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back