EVGA GTX670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

My Hackintosh is nearly perfect. The only trouble is if I try to access disk utility or the storage section of "About This Mac" the applications freeze. I have a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH w/ i5-3570K, 16 GB of G-Skill 1600 MHz RAM, 2xM4 128 GB SSD, 2xWestern Digital 1TB 7200 RPM drives, etc.

The weird thing is, I am able to do any of these things shortly after restart, but if I wait a while, I always seem to get the error. Any ideas?

Another strange symptom which I believe is related is that after rebooting in such situations, I get stuck on my BIOS logo screen with the computer frozen. The BIOS code is A2 which is "Detect and Install all Current IDE Devices." I have had this problem with 2 of the same board now, and I have tried BIOS versions F3, F4, and F5b (current). If I just power off and power back on, the system boots fine and I'm back in OS X.

Any help is appreciated!

Figured it out. After OS X put the blu ray drive I had to sleep, it would cause all these problems.

Hi All,

My Hackintosh is nearly perfect. The only trouble is if I try to access disk utility or the storage section of "About This Mac" the applications freeze. I have a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH w/ i5-3570K, 16 GB of G-Skill 1600 MHz RAM, 2xM4 128 GB SSD, 2xWestern Digital 1TB 7200 RPM drives, etc.

The weird thing is, I am able to do any of these things shortly after restart, but if I wait a while, I always seem to get the error. Any ideas?

Hi Derperoo,

Did you happen to figure this out? I'm having the same problem with my GA-Z87X-UD3H build, with i7-4770K, Samsung EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate 1TB HD. Otherwise my system is running perfectly.

Thoughts?

-RyanTCU10

Answer is found...and it's insanely simple. Thank you Koalaman for providing the answer here:

HTML:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/70361-dvd-drive-disappears.html

Go to system preferences > Energy Saver > Uncheck "Put Hard Disks to Sleep"

Problem solved.

Man... thank you so much. I've been fighting this for years. I had no idea.

Wonder what it would take to allow for drives to go to sleep though. You know, for the environmentally conscious :)

Also, is this isolated to the BR drive? I have one, but I haven't tested without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back