Contribute
Register

Disk needs repair - Paragon releated : Incorrect number of thread records (4,23856)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X99-UD5
CPU
Graphics
970GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Is there any fix for this? I'm loading with -v to see where it gets stuck and the load keeps getting held up trying to repair the volume. Tried disk utility, the disk won't even mount. Yesterday somehow it booted once, but I guess that was it's last go, because I tried the same boot flags, and others and no go.

The Cause: Used Paragon so my windows and mac could communicate... which was fine until I stupidly listened to a message from windows saying "oh no your drive might be corrupted let's fix that for you before you lose data" and that killed my mac. It claimed it was just going to touch my extra internal HD, but it took the privilege of "fixing" the host drive as well and has seemingly killed Yosemite.

Any fixes or should I reinstall? sucks because everything was working wonderfully logic, pro tools, plugins, everything was getting along great, and I didn't get a chance to clone the finished mac, only the one with solid drivers and basic fixes.

info: windows and mac are installed on the same SDD

Thanks,

-B

Similar problem here. Yosemite 10.10.3. Never had trouble with Paragon NTFS. Got errors in Disk Utility after writing to HFS disk from Windows 8.1 w/ Paragon HFS+ installed.

Error: This disk needs to be repaired using the Recovery HD. Restart your computer, holding down the Command key and the R key until you see the Apple logo. When the OS X Utilities window appears, choose Disk Utility.

Fortunately was able to copy contents to an identical Samsung 850 EVO SSD using Super Duper, then applied just Chimera with Multibeast. Boots OK, and disk Utility shows No Errors.

Needless to say I uninstalled Paragon HFS from the Windows side. Beware. Maybe it works better with apple disks etc.

I installed clover using the guidelines. I installed the OSX and I get the Apple logo and loading bar. After 50 % force reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back