Graphics
GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had a perfectly running system that I use every day until at bootup tonight I suffered a crash / freeze during the legacy (not verbose) bootup process. After failing to restart several time, including a verbose startup that stopped at Something refering to slot #1, I booted into my backup partition and ran disk utilities.

Disk utilities said I needed to repair the disk...which I tried and then it said it could not fix the problem. It recommended I recover files, reformat the disk and reinstall the OS. Instead I ran Diskwarrior 4.2 which rebuilt the disks directory. However now I still can't boot. Disk utility does not show any problems to fix. I have rebuilt caches and repaired permissions.

Could be that Diskwarrior did something...it created a folder called recovered files.

My backup partition boots fine...I have even tried copying the extras folder and my S.L.E. folder from my backup partition to the main partition...rebuilding caches and permissions. That was a no go also.

Short of a complete reinstall of 10.6 what are my options here?

It should be noted that I'm now using an MSI 5850 card, the appropriate graphics enabler and proper boot file.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    18.3 KB · Views: 51
Lerxst said:
I had a perfectly running system that I use every day until at bootup tonight I suffered a crash / freeze during the legacy (not verbose) bootup process. After failing to restart several time, including a verbose startup that stopped at Something refering to slot #1, I booted into my backup partition and ran disk utilities.

Disk utilities said I needed to repair the disk...which I tried and then it said it could not fix the problem. It recommended I recover files, reformat the disk and reinstall the OS. Instead I ran Diskwarrior 4.2 which rebuilt the disks directory. However now I still can't boot. Disk utility does not show any problems to fix. I have rebuilt caches and repaired permissions.

Could be that Diskwarrior did something...it created a folder called recovered files.

My backup partition boots fine...I have even tried copying the extras folder and my S.L.E. folder from my backup partition to the main partition...rebuilding caches and permissions. That was a no go also.

Short of a complete reinstall of 10.6 what are my options here?

It should be noted that I'm now using an MSI 5850 card, the appropriate graphics enabler and proper boot file.
After running Diskwarrior you will need to reinstall Chameleon.

I did install Chameleon....that didnt do it. I'll do a verbose restart and write down where it stops.

Restarted and this is where the verbose shows the panic/s

Attachments

• P1010332.jpg
    P1010332.jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 127
I think I fixed it by doing a reinstall of 10.6.4 then rerunning multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back