i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have been trying various install strategies on my x58 board, and am presently updating a 10.13.6 ssd where I run into more or less the same problem.

the install runs perfectly through two or three reboots and then it stalls on the clover screen where there is no longer a disk visible... just the uefi shell option (I am of course using a legacy bios install).

as often in these try and try again scenarios I have rather lost track of what I have tried, though guessing it may be an issue with the apfs.efi, which I have I tried updating from the latest clover build and elsewhere.

So to sum up, I get so far with the install to then find that my disk no longer appears as a clover boot option..

ta

im thinking of trying an earlier clover on it and shall report back

Last edited:
The Rules said:
Bumping a thread is allowed after waiting at least 24 hours with no more than one bump per day

okay
I started with a fresh disk formatted to hfs+ and ran the install via a usb stick.
once it had placed the install media onto the drive I ran mutibeast legacy boot but using the 10.3.0 version, as I remembered earlier last week running into non boot issues with 10.4.0. (not yet explored)

the install progresses through various restarts yet at the final restart clover comes up with the "start uefi shell 64 and no disk visible as a boot option.

I tried re-running the 10.3.0 multibeast yet this still bought me back to "start uefi shell 64 and no disk visible as a boot option.

so im guessing that the install is somehow affecting clover during the final phase of the install.

im getting the same using the latest multibeast and or the latest clover version Clover_v2.4k_r4658

the install does not appear to have finished either as there are still install folders including one named previous content which contains moved content from the system folder including fakeSMC which is no longer in the new system folder

jolly puzzled......

Last edited:
okay
I started with a fresh disk formatted to hfs+ and ran the install via a usb stick.
once it had placed the install media onto the drive I ran mutibeast legacy boot but using the 10.3.0 version, as I remembered earlier last week running into non boot issues with 10.4.0. (not yet explored)

the install progresses through various restarts yet at the final restart clover comes up with the "start uefi shell 64 and no disk visible as a boot option.

I tried re-running the 10.3.0 multibeast yet this still bought me back to "start uefi shell 64 and no disk visible as a boot option.

so im guessing that the install is somehow affecting clover during the final phase of the install.

im getting the same using the latest multibeast and or the latest clover version Clover_v2.4k_r4658

the install does not appear to have finished either as there are still install folders including one named previous content which contains moved content from the system folder including fakeSMC which is no longer in the new system folder

jolly puzzled......

Did you have apfsEFI or apfsdetectdriver in clover/Drivers64EFI folder? Once HD loads in apfs mode you need that to detect the disk.

If your in Legacy mode try putting them in Drivers64 folder as well.

thank you and yes, I have tried various combinations of the apfs.efi drivers and also booted from another disk and tried to select the new Mojave install disk from there.. it also does not appear as an option, although the disk is available once the system has booted in high Sierra.

Usually I use my MacBook Pro (no longer supported late 2011 yet using Mojave patcher) to make a fresh system disk for the 'tosh, but this time I accidentally blocked the installer with little snitch and now no matter how I manipulate little snitch I can no longer connect to the install servers and install fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back