Contribute
Register

disht's build: Core i5-3570K, MSI-Z77MA-G45, EVGA GTX 670 - 16GB RAM - 256GB 830 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am using the same motherboard for my CustoMac but everything else is different.

My hardware:

Processor: Intel i5 2400 (Sandy Bridge) 3.1 GHz
Motherboard: MSI Z77MA-G45
Memory: 4 GB Kingston ValueRam DDR3 1333MHz
Graphic card: Sapphire ATI HD6870
Storage: OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 60GB

Everything is working but I noticed whenever my computer woke up from sleep, the output sound will stop working until I restart the computer. BTW, I'm on Mavericks 10.9.2 (update without any problem using the AppStore).

Do you experience this as well?

Lastly, I noticed that my motherboard is making a very faint high pitch sound whenever I am using Mavericks. If I booted into Windows 8, the sound disappeared. I suspected the sound come from the motherboard because I had tried to disconnect all the fans, remove my graphic card but still the sound still there. Do you had any problem like this as well?

Hi,

I am using the same motherboard for my CustoMac but everything else is different.

My hardware:

Processor: Intel i5 2400 (Sandy Bridge) 3.1 GHz
Motherboard: MSI Z77MA-G45
Memory: 4 GB Kingston ValueRam DDR3 1333MHz
Graphic card: Sapphire ATI HD6870
Storage: OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 60GB

Everything is working but I noticed whenever my computer woke up from sleep, the output sound will stop working until I restart the computer. BTW, I'm on Mavericks 10.9.2 (update without any problem using the AppStore).

Do you experience this as well?

Lastly, I noticed that my motherboard is making a very faint high pitch sound whenever I am using Mavericks. If I booted into Windows 8, the sound disappeared. I suspected the sound come from the motherboard because I had tried to disconnect all the fans, remove my graphic card but still the sound still there. Do you had any problem like this as well?

Hey there. I don't have problems with sleep. Are you sure you are running 1.4 BIOS and not anything else? AFAIK the 1.4 BIOS is the latest one that supports sleep properly. MSI broke all subsequent versions.

As for sound, I do have some crackling noise if I connect my headphones to the front panel. The crackling noise starts when more than one application is outputting sound (music + game, music + youtube video, etc). I found that this no longer happens if I connect my headphones to the audio jacks in the back of the machine, directly to the motherboard.

I hope this helps.

Here's an update:

I switched to Clover. Boot times have improved a lot and I also managed to get sleep to work with the latest BIOS (1.B). I should also mention that with Clover there is no need to patch the BIOS at all.

I also switched from Lnx2Mac realtek driver to https://github.com/Mieze/RTL8111_driver_for_OS_X. The Lnx2Mac network driver was the cause of occasional hangs especially during long periods of high bandwidth transfers. The new driver is stable for more than a week now, even after prolonged and heavy testing.

I will update the first post with more details as soon as I find time.

I am about to build another hackintosh using this board. I was wondering if you could share some more information on your Clover install? I really want to take advantage of the UEFI bios on this board and getting it work with something beyond the usual Chimera setup.

I am about to build another hackintosh using this board. I was wondering if you could share some more information on your Clover install? I really want to take advantage of the UEFI bios on this board and getting it work with something beyond the usual Chimera setup.

disht, I also want to thank you for your help on this motherboard. Thinking of going to Yosemite from Mountain Lion. Any help with MultiBeast settings would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

gman

disht:

I have nearly all the same components and am building a second system. My first was a GA z77n-wifi - works great.

I know this is an old thread, but can you share your "guide" or an update on this build? I was planning on a Clover build, Yosemite and fusion.

It would be great to know what sort of kext or fixes you used, DSDTs, etc... with clover switch.

Thanks.

Can you share your clover specifics? Bios settings?

I have z77ma-g45 with Xeon 1240v2, EVGA GTX 650, 16GB Ram, 500gb SATA.

Can run windows 10 like a charm, but can't seem to get past clover boot. I select any volume and get a kernel panic.

What is your secret?

Here's an update:

I switched to Clover. Boot times have improved a lot and I also managed to get sleep to work with the latest BIOS (1.B). I should also mention that with Clover there is no need to patch the BIOS at all.

I also switched from Lnx2Mac realtek driver to https://github.com/Mieze/RTL8111_driver_for_OS_X. The Lnx2Mac network driver was the cause of occasional hangs especially during long periods of high bandwidth transfers. The new driver is stable for more than a week now, even after prolonged and heavy testing.

I will update the first post with more details as soon as I find time.

Hi Disht,

I've had this board and a 3770k sitting in the closet for a year and finally just put the machine together and hackintoshed it.

I've got everything working except sleep. It just restarts after waking up. I am booting with Clover in UEFI mode.

Your update says that you got BIOS 1.B working. Does that include sleep? Are you using Clover in UEFI or Legacy mode? Is there anything special in the BIOS in terms of power settings that I might be missing?

I'm looking to see if there is something I haven't checked in the Clover config file.

Thanks in advance!

I don't have sleep enabled anymore since the machine is serving as a Plex server so I don't know if it is working with the current Clover. Happy to hear you got it to work nicely though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back