Contribute
Register

disabling jack detection

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original NPN transistor circuit was susceptible to noise from the motherboard as digital signal lines can be noisy. It caused occasional random switching to headphone mode and it took a while to troubleshoot.

Either a CD4066, 4N25 or a solid state relay should be better isolated and less susceptible to noise.

The only change I would suggest in to use only the power supply ground instead of it and pin 10. Using a single ground will avoid ground loops and simplify the circuit.

Moved to correct forum, Customization.

i've given up

spent pretty much my whole weekend on this bloody socket and got nowhere. i'm just going to forget it :thumbdown:

Before you give up:

I would suggest you first try to ground the motherboard FAUDIO_JD pin and see if it switches to headphones to confirm all the other wiring is correct and the board functions. If that works.

.....maybe a tiny switch installed with a tiny piece of wire going through one of the case holes (Super Glue it to the switch button) would work. Just ground the FAUDIO_JD pin

I will shortly get around to modifying the board in my G5 and will post the final circuit....will probably use a solid state relay as I have a gaggle of them here from other projects.

nah grounding that pin doesn't do anything. pins 7 and 10 need to be connected for the software to detect something being plugged in.

good luck with yours!

I am a bit confused at your response.

Definitively if pin 7 of the F_AUDIO (Front Panel Audio Header) is grounded when in the HD mode on a Gigabyte board (and all standard motherboards one would presume), audio switches to headphones.

Are you using the right header, it is the F_AUDIO one NOT the F_PANEL one.

On a stock PC the only thing plugging in headphones jack does to alert the motherboard to send audio to the headphones instead of the back panel jacks is ground pin 7 of the F_AUDIO header.

Definitively the F_AUDIO header..

but anyway - ive given up on it.

The Voodoo 2.7 I think it was, made me able to select what audio output I wanted. I then pressed alt+sound (at the top right bar), and could select wether I wanted front audio out, or rear. I was having concerns about having soldered anything wrong, but my machine is cruising atm. :). I hope this helps people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back