Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've got a problem with my USB peripherals - a magic trackpad and a logitech bluetooth keyboard. The keyboard wakes the computer from sleep just fine, but then takes around 45 seconds before I'm able to type my password in. It wakes the computer from sleep without fail, so I know there's no issue with the keyboard itself. Over at this thread and a few others, I saw a suggestion to disable CPU PLL Overvoltage, whatever that is. The problem is, I can't find that setting anywhere in my BIOS. I'm using a GA-Z87MX-D3H, one of the recommended motherboards. I just flashed my BIOS and am now running F6.

When I go to MIT\Advanced Frequency Settings\Advanced CPU Core Settings, this is all I see:

CPU Clock Ratio
CPU Frequency
K OC
CPU PLL Selection
Filter PLL Level
Uncore Ratio
Uncore Frequency
Intel Turbo Boost Technology
Turbo Ratio for 4 cores
Turbo Power Limit
Core Current Limit
No. of CPU Cores Enabled
Hyper-threading Technology
CPU Enhanced Halt
C3 State Support
C6/C7 State support
CPU thermal monitor
CPU EIST Function

Any ideas? I'd really appreciate some help!

Generally you can't wake from sleep if PLL overvoltage is enabled so I don't think it's the problem.

Did you ever solve this issue? I'm having other similar issues with my z97x ud3h. Sometimes the keyboard just seems to stop working in the middle of things or fails to work at boot. I also find that every so often it seems like USB just resets itself in the middle of browsing the web and other misc tasks because I can hear my printer spool as though It just got signal from the computer.

Having this issue as well. In my case, I don't have a "disable" option for PLL Voltage...I have to enter a value. Any idea what value to enter? Or leave on auto? Sleep/wake/PowerNap are working. Just having keyboard & mouse issues after 20-30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back