Motherboard
MSI GS60 2PL
CPU
i5-4200H
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks to RehabMan my new MSI GS 60 is up and running near perfect. Is there a way to completely disable my Synaptics touchpad? I use a Bluetooth Magic Mouse and not a USB mouse. This touchpad is driving me bananas. :banghead:

Thanks to RehabMan my new MSI GS 60 is up and running near perfect. Is there a way to completely disable my Synaptics touchpad? I use a Bluetooth Magic Mouse and not a USB mouse. This touchpad is driving me bananas. :banghead:

Enable "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse ... is present" in SysPrefs->Accessibility.

Enable "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse ... is present" in SysPrefs->Accessibility.

Unfortunately, that does not disable the touchpad for me. Even with that checked the touchpad still works.

After installing the Deamon the touchpad still works, but it made my bluetooth mouse stop working. So I uninstalled the Daemon and now the mouse works again and the touchpad is still working as well.

The VoodooPS2Daemon will not affect anything in the system and will not affect bluetooth. It only counts USB mice and updates MouseCount for the trackpad driver.

--

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

The VoodooPS2Daemon will not affect anything in the system and will not affect bluetooth. It only counts USB mice and updates MouseCount for the trackpad driver.

--

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Last login: Wed Dec 23 09:54:13 on ttys000

MacBook-Pro:~ scott$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f825e9000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

MacBook-Pro:~ scott$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

MacBook-Pro:~ scott$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc

MacBook-Pro:~ scott$

Last login: Wed Dec 23 09:58:08 on ttys000

MacBook-Pro:~ scott$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Password:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RTL8192CU8.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

DirectHW.kext is in exclude list; omitting.

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Controller.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/ALXEthernet.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/ACPIBatteryManager.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

MacBook-Pro:~ scott$ View attachment MacBook Pro.ioreg

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Controller.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

VoodooPS2Daemon only works with my kext. You have the ELAN kext installed. Actually, you have multiple PS2 kext sets installed, which is not a good idea.

Contrary to your claim in post #1, your trackpad is not Synaptics. It is ELAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back