Contribute
Register

Disable nvidia card to save battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have named the SSDTs as follows: SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml..... Is it correct? I have rebooted, but I can see the discrete graphics under system informations.

Assuming you use Chameleon/Chimera?
Assuming you have SSDT.aml for CPU PM, then SSDT-1.aml will load. If you don't have /Extra/SSDT.aml, then all such SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, etc will be ignored.

SSDT1 is named ssdt.aml, ssdt2 is ssdt-1.aml ecc..., but now my system crashes....

SSDT1 is named ssdt.aml, ssdt2 is ssdt-1.aml ecc..., but now my system crashes....

Perhaps you saved in an incorrect format. OS X doesn't like to see AML files loaded that are actually text.

Also, you should implement power management first: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

That will give you a generated /Extra/ssdt.aml. And you'll have DropSSDT=Yes, which is a requirement to providing patched SSDTs. After that, you should go through each of the OEM SSDTs and filter the CPU related ones out (eg. don't include them). Also, be aware that if you did any "rename" patches to DSDT, you must also do the same renames to each SSDT with such references. Common case is renaming GFX0 to IGPU which must be done to DSDT and all SSDTs included in /Extra.

How can I solve the problem and make osx like the files? :)

It's what I did...

It's what I did...

See post #13.

And no other ideas without a photo of your issue... No telepathic capability here.

Hint: SSDT8, SSDT7, SSDT6, SSDT3, SSDT2 should be excluded.

See post #13.

And no other ideas without a photo of your issue... No telepathic capability here.

Ok, I'll try to do that.
thank you for the time

See post #13.

Ok, so I just have to delete them without changing the name?

Now it boots, but how can I see if the graphics card is turned off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back