Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi everyone! I hope s.o. here has an idea for my problem. It's not a very big one, but quite annoying for me. So here it goes:
I'm using a GB mobo wir ALC 892. I installed the sound using multibeast and got it recognized by the system.
Since I'm using the front panel of a g5 casing, the system does not recognize any plugged in headphones. So to use the headphones i used a modified AppleHDA with manual switching between the different lines. So far so great... but! The system now thinks there is always headphones plugged in and therefore disables sound through my apple cinema display. The display audio still shows in the audio outputs, but when I click on it sound automatically switches back to headphones. I haven't been able to find any solution for that problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers to everyone in the Community!
Fleisch

I have the same problem where it switches back to headphones automatically. Cant get the cinema display audio to work on Lion.

fleisch said:
Since I'm using the front panel of a g5 casing, the system does not recognize any plugged in headphones. So to use the headphones i used a modified AppleHDA with manual switching between the different lines. So far so great... but! The system now thinks there is always headphones plugged in and therefore disables sound through my apple cinema display. The display audio still shows in the audio outputs, but when I click on it sound automatically switches back to headphones. I haven't been able to find any solution for that problem.
If you are using this kext http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45413, you can separate the speaker/headphone path map with these instructions http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=335954#p335954.

Two other ideas:
1. Delete the speaker path map rather than separating.
2. Set up a Multi-Output device with Audio MIDI Setup, selecting headphones and Cinema Display audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back