Contribute
Register

DirectHW.kext is not compatible with this version of OS X and Can not be used Error!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5- 4210U
Graphics
Intel HD 4400 Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hello all. my laptop is hp pavillion 15 p001tx.
config:
i5 processor
8gb ram
intel HD 4400 integrated.
nvidia 830m graphics.

using bootflags: nv_disable=1 cpus=1

i installed Sierra in this laptop. But when i am trying to intsalling kext files using kext utility it shows this Error
"The System Extension 'DirectHW.kext' is not compatible with this version of OS X and Can not be used"
and my kext files also not working.. keyboard, trackpad, sound, ethernet etc.!

please help me. Thanks

Hello Priyabrata, I also still have this problem on my Satellite L850-1K0.

I´ve been updating from OS X 10.10 Yosemite to macOS Sierra 10.12, and first all worked well;
but after updating to 10.12.1 the internal keyboard, touchpad and sound stoped working and I also got the same Error Message "The System Extension 'DirectHW.kext' is not compatible with this version of OS and cannot be used" ...
USB-connected keyboard and Mouse are working, but not the internal ones ...

I also tried reinstalling VoodooPS2Controller.kext (& VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext, VoodooPS2Mouse.kext,VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext), but this did not help, so I reverted to the 10.12 version, using a SuperDuper bootable backup I made before updating ...

Did you also upgrade from a previous version (and also have a backup), or did you do a clean install?

Last edited:
Hello Priyabrata, I also still have this problem on my Satellite L850-1K0.

I´ve been updating from OS X 10.10 Yosemite to macOS Sierra 10.12, and first all worked well;
but after updating to 10.12.1 the internal keyboard, touchpad and sound stoped working and I also got the same Error Message "The System Extension 'DirectHW.kext' is not compatible with this version of OS and cannot be used" ...
USB-connected keyboard and Mouse are working, but not the internal ones ...

I also tried reinstalling VoodooPS2Controller.kext (& VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext, VoodooPS2Mouse.kext,VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext), but this did not help, so I reverted to the 10.12 version, using a SuperDuper bootable backup I made before updating ...

Did you also upgrade from a previous version (and also have a backup), or did you do a complete new install?

No need for DirectHW.kext. Remove.

I'm having the same issue and MultiBeast failed to install as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back