i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I previously had a NVidia Maxwell graphics card so I’ve been stuck on High Sierra for a while. I bought a Radeon 580 so I could update to Catalina.
Here’s my procedures and issues:
- uninstalled NVidia web drivers
- shutdown the computer and physically installed the new graphics card and booted back up to high Sierra successfully (one of my screens was green during the BIOS screen but turned normal color when the Apple logo came up
- updated to new Clover r5140
- unchecked NVidia web drivers and nvda_drv=1 in my config.plist
- downloaded Catalina from the App Store and installed

At first, I was getting some type of graphics issue because it would stall on the Apple logo (assumes it just needed a different combination of boot flags or I needed to edit the EFI file contents)

I booted back into High Sierra and found a post that shown the EFI file contents of a Z97X Catalina build using Clover as the boot loader and copied it exactly.

somewhere in that process, I assume I accidentally deleted Aptio as I’m now getting the “End Randomseed” boot.

All of the files I deleted from my EFI folder are still in my trash can but I can’t get it to boot to restore them and none of my USB ports are working for some reason to boot into my recovery USB (I assume I accidentally deleted that as well somehow). Can anyone help me with a way to either bypass the ‘End Randomseed’ boot issue or restore my Trash Can contents from the Shell>

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back