Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

This is not really a mac build, although it probably might run it anyway.

Im stuck at choosing the right hard drive type. I play a lot of games and especially flight simulator( It
s about 40 GB big (with addons)). Now I was wondering what my best option is since Im on a budget. A 80 to 128 GB SSD costs about the same price as 4 320 GB 7200rpm 32mb drives. What should I do ?
Either buy an SSD or build a RAID 1 or 0 array from the 4 drives?

Thanks!

(rest of setup would be : i7-930 + ASROCK X58 SuperComputer + 6 GB RAM (enough?) + GTX 465

Hackintosh doesn't really work well with raid. I would go for the ssd to use as your main drive and if you need more space buy a 1 tb for all those files you don't need to load super quickly.

Well, actually, if you're not planning on Hackintoshing anytime soon, you should probably go RAID. If you have a windows install, that's 20 GB. Flight simulator is 40 GB. So half your hard drive is already full, and most likely you can't really plan on doing separate partitions for Snow Leopard anymore.

Also, your graphics card won't be supported by OSX anytime soon (maybe earliest by summer next year, since there seems to be no plans at all in adding fermi compatibility). So just go with RAID and enjoy Windows 7! It's a great operating system!

And your 6 GB of RAM is way more than enough for basically anything you do today.

jimx86 said:
Well, actually, if you're not planning on Hackintoshing anytime soon, you should probably go RAID. If you have a windows install, that's 20 GB. Flight simulator is 40 GB. So half your hard drive is already full, and most likely you can't really plan on doing separate partitions for Snow Leopard anymore.

Also, your graphics card won't be supported by OSX anytime soon (maybe earliest by summer next year, since there seems to be no plans at all in adding fermi compatibility). So just go with RAID and enjoy Windows 7! It's a great operating system!

And your 6 GB of RAM is way more than enough for basically anything you do today.

thank you ^^

No problem! I hope that solves your problem, and if you ever have any more questions, feel free to post them here! If I don't know the answer, someone will! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back