Contribute
Register

Digedesign (fail) Mbox2 and hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my god!

The iLok is recognized, the Audio interface is recognized, and everything else works the same as it did before unaffected!

Thank you soo much!!

One thing I will add though is that you have to REMOVE the kext IOUSBFamily if you have it installed. It overrides the DSDT and actually prevented my Wireles USB dongle from working after the addition of the new DSDT. Once I removed the kext, did Multibeast System Utilities, and reset the computer all the USB ports read "Built-in" in System Profiler!

All Hackintosh users with the same problem as me, Give Humph some props! he just helped me out BIG time!

M-Powered Pro Tools 8.0 with iLok IS COMPATIBLE with Snow Leopard 10.6 on a Hackintosh!!

Thanks again for all the help! Zilos this will definitely fix your problem as well!

~ Midsyde

P.S. - Humph - you made my day!

Hi. Glad it worked for you :D

The real heros are the guys that worked out the ID injection and DTGP solutions many moons ago....

So why isn't this dsdt in the database? I'm getting an EVGA P55 SLI later this week and it would be nice to have a pre-edited dsdt.

I would highly recommend using humph's download from page 2 of this topic. It helped me out a great deal with the USB ports.

In terms of why it's not in the database...No sure. But I can definitely submit mine as a "vanilla" DSDT that I also have on the previous page of this topic.

Good luck with everything!

~ Midsyde

Midsyde said:
I would highly recommend using humph's download from page 2 of this topic. It helped me out a great deal with the USB ports.

In terms of why it's not in the database...No sure. But I can definitely submit mine as a "vanilla" DSDT that I also have on the previous page of this topic.

Good luck with everything!

~ Midsyde

Please do.

Also, any secrets with setting up the P55 SLI? Which audio and network did you select?

Thanks

These are currently all the kexts I have installed using Multibeast

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
EvOreboot.kext
fakesmc.kext
Intel82566MM.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext
JMicron36xATA.kext
JMicron36xSATA.kext
LegacyAppleRTC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
NVEnabler 64.kext

good luck.

~ Midsyde

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm having a nightmare trying to get the ilok recognised on my asus p5p43td-pro. If someone could edit my DSDT with the usb edits I would be so so grateful! Thanks in advance!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z0ES1GWB

PS, the title of this thread should be edited to Digidesign (success)

Hi guys i was wanting some help please if anyone is still watching this thread!!

Once i have converted .dsl to .aml should the code be the same or will it differ slightly because of the conversion example

from .dsl

Device (PEG0)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (0x0F)
}

Name (PE00, Package (0x04)
{
Package (0x04)
{