CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 590
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,

I’m new here and hope someone might be able to help me fix a problem:

About a year ago I’ve built a Hackintosh - i7 7700K, 1060 6 GB, 24 GB 3000 MHz RAM, Asus Z270F. I’ve used the system definition imac 13.2 late 2013 non retina.

In combination with a 4k or 3840x2160, in MacOS I have chosen the option it looks like 2560 * 1440.

Everything has been working flawless so far.

However since I have changed the system definition some time ago to imac 18.1 because of i7 7700 processor – since Cinebech lists it with a better value, and according to some forums it is supposed to have the definition which is more up to date, a better power management, as well as a performance better fitted to its processer as well. – I’ve got a problem after booting it.

The login screen always boots with a resolution of FHD 1920 * 1080 (visually appears to be FHD, and it’s not pixelated at all). But if I continue to log in, the resoultion automatically changes to 2560 * 1440. While changing the usual flickering screen can be seen as well.

I’ve already tried to change to the default resolution of 2560 * 1440 by using the root user, which unfortunalte did not help.

Also, I’ve deleted the NVRAM file without any effect on the problem.

Anyone got an idea what could be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Luke

i have check the config.plist and it already says

</dict>
<key>ScreenResolution</key>
<string>2560x1440</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>embedded</string>

I know its only a cosmetic problem, but it would be great if the login screen has the same resolution ;)

but thx for the try

I have the same problem. I recently bought a 4K monitor (Dell U2718Q) and it defaults to 3840 x 2160 in the Clover boot screen as well as the login screen of macOS (as well as in Recovery), whereas I am using a scaled resolution of 1920 x 1080 when I am logged in. The suggestion above does not work for me either.

Using the iMac18,2 system definition.

Go into the Boot Graphics section of Clover and change UIScale to 2. This will increase the size of the Apple boot logo to 1080. Not sure how to get the Clover screen to change, however. Still working on that.

Go into the Boot Graphics section of Clover and change UIScale to 2. This will increase the size of the Apple boot logo to 1080. Not sure how to get the Clover screen to change, however. Still working on that.

This only affects the Apple loading screen. The log-in screen itself is still 3840 x 2160 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back