Graphics
Gigabyte 5770 Silent Cell
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It is probably not new to many of us that updating to 10.8.2 is not working oob in all cases.
I have read that in some cases deleting OemSMBIOS.kext from the Plugins directory of the FakeSMC.kext
helps. SInce I did not have any Plugins Folder in FakeSMC (apparently I am using an older version)
in my case (GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with UEFI) I had to rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext to 10.8.1.
Ok, works. But why?
Has anybody more knowledge why the 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext breaks my system.

I've just updated to 10.8.2 and AppleACPIPlatform.kext works well, but has an issue with my X58 chipset: causes a much more slower boot process.

Using the rollback version from multibeast i've managed to restore the boot speed i had before the update, but osx cannot detect the machine serial number, causing icloud malfunctions.

No more problems detected.

It is probably not new to many of us that updating to 10.8.2 is not working oob in all cases.
I have read that in some cases deleting OemSMBIOS.kext from the Plugins directory of the FakeSMC.kext
helps. SInce I did not have any Plugins Folder in FakeSMC (apparently I am using an older version)
in my case (GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with UEFI) I had to rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext to 10.8.1.
Ok, works. But why?
Has anybody more knowledge why the 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext breaks my system.

I have the same problem, decided to update yesterday because it seemed like a "walk through the park" for most people...
But not for us appearantly.

The reason why? I have read that FakeSMC is not compatible with the updated AppleACPIPlatform.kext.
Fix? Well, there are two:
1) Downgrade AppleACPIPlatform.kext to the 10.8.1 version (I get KP when doing so) <= see edit
2) Disable VT-d in your BIOS (works for me but I prefer it enabled though)

EDIT: I re-tried installing the old AppleACPIPlatform.kext last night (3am :yawn:), this time I used Pacifist,
took the kext from the 10.8.0 Mountain Lion App Store app, and let Pacifist install it,
then I fixed permissions and ran kext utility a couple of times, just to be sure.

VT-d is enabled now and everything seems to work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back