CPU
i5-11400F
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone who installed both Monterey and Ventura, noticed something significant between these 2 OS's as far as the EFI folder, kext, config file go.
I have a working Monterey install on a i5-7200U, but when I try to boot Ventura with the same EFI, it stops very early in the booting process, it's hard to diagnose what it is, because it just stops without any error message, and it's not always at the same spot, tried to do some searching in the forums and found some people with the same problems but no solution was posted.
I attached, a screenshot and my EFI folder, and tried a few things, next I'm gonna rebuild my SSDT files from scratch, not sure if that will help.
I followed the official Dortania guide to build the EFI folder.
Please let me know if I missed any important settings for Ventura.

Attachments

• IMG_0322.jpeg
    IMG_0322.jpeg
    870.8 KB · Views: 35
  • USBLaptop7thgenEFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 25
Anyone who installed both Monterey and Ventura, noticed something significant between these 2 OS's as far as the EFI folder, kext, config file go.
I have a working Monterey install on a i5-7200U, but when I try to boot Ventura with the same EFI, it stops very early in the booting process, it's hard to diagnose what it is, because it just stops without any error message, and it's not always at the same spot, tried to do some searching in the forums and found some people with the same problems but no solution was posted.
I attached, a screenshot and my EFI folder, and tried a few things, next I'm gonna rebuild my SSDT files from scratch, not sure if that will help.
I followed the official Dortania guide to build the EFI folder.
Please let me know if I missed any important settings for Ventura.
you seem to be using MacBookPro12,1 on a kabylake system...? should be MacBookPro14,1

MinVersion and MinDate should both be set to 0

also not sure why you are referencing Intel HD 5500 in your config.plist for?

no need for ACPIBatteryManager.kext

also you haven't done:

you seem to be using MacBookPro12,1 on a kabylake system...? should be MacBookPro14,1

MinVersion and MinDate should both be set to 0

also not sure why you are referencing Intel HD 5500 in your config.plist for?

no need for ACPIBatteryManager.kext

also you haven't done:
Sorry I uploaded the wrong EFI, here is again, made those changes, still stops at the same spot

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpeg
    IMG_0348.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • Laptop7thgenEFI.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 30
Sorry I uploaded the wrong EFI, here is again, made those changes, still stops at the same spot
XhciPortLimit needs to be disabled

check which intel wifi/bluetooth kexts should be used with Ventura....

XhciPortLimit needs to be disabled

check which intel wifi/bluetooth kexts should be used with Ventura....
Unfortunately, that didn't help. I even did my SSDT's from scratch, which fixed bluetooth in Monterey.
Anyone knows if Ventura handles ACPI differently than Monterey?

I'm thinking it has to do something with ACPI

In my case, debug=0x100 caused the system to hang early in the boot process. I don't know why, but removing that boot argument fixed the issue for me.

Wow, that worked for me too, thank you so much, you are my hero!!!

Back