Contribute
Register

Did not find config.plist/quirks. Fatal Error System Halted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply @jaymonkey . Here's my current EFI drive (M). Most of the views I've seen show the APPLE, CLOVER, and MICROSOFT directories on the first level of the EFI drive. My system shows APPLE, BOOT and CLOVER in an EFI subdirectory, and WINDOWS in the CLOVER/API directory. Is that correct? A screenshot is below. Also, when you say to "delete any unneeded efi drivers" how do I tell which ones are unneeded? BootX64.efi is already in the BOOT directory, as shown . . . but I'm unsure how to proceed.

Also, I've downloaded CLOVERX64.efi.zip for 5199 . . . is that the correct package?

1605236010190.png

Last edited:
@JeffB1960,

It is correct that there is a EFI Folder in the root of your EFI Partition, the Clover, Boot and Apple folders should be subfolders of the EFI folder as shown in your screen grab.

Unneeded efi drivers will be things like the OpenCore extension efi drivers that are part of the more recent builds of Clover, these files will be in subfolders of Clover's Drivers folder.

BoorX64.efi is part of each Clover release and is version dependant so you must replace BootX64.efi in the BOOT sub folder with the version from the Clover release you want to down grade to.

Clover release 5119 was the last version of Clover to not include any OpenCore extensions, however some users reported issues with that release. Many users (including myself) are still using Clover release 5107 as it was very stable and runs Catalina with no problems.

Cheers
Jay

@JeffB1960,

It is correct that there is a EFI Folder in the root of your EFI Partition, the Clover, Boot and Apple folders should be subfolders of the EFI folder as shown in your screen grab.

Unneeded efi drivers will be things like the OpenCore extension efi drivers that are part of the more recent builds of Clover, these files will be in subfolders of Clover's Drivers folder.

BoorX64.efi is part of each Clover release and is version dependant so you must replace BootX64.efi in the BOOT sub folder with the version from the Clover release you want to down grade to.

Clover release 5119 was the last version of Clover to not include any OpenCore extensions, however some users reported issues with that release. Many users (including myself) are still using Clover release 5107 as it was very stable and runs Catalina with no problems.

Cheers
Jay
Thanks, Jay. I seem to be stuck. I've installed Clover 5119 in the EFI partition but it still locks up after trying to boot for a few seconds. I've also tried booting to my 5107 USB drive but it just reboots after about 20 seconds, before letting me do anything. I'm really at a loss on how to get my 10.15.6 back. I have a time-machine backup but even the 5107 won't let me get far enough to "recover" from.

I seem to be stuck. I've installed Clover 5119 in the EFI partition but it still locks up after trying to boot for a few seconds. I've also tried booting to my 5107 USB drive but it just reboots after about 20 seconds, before letting me do anything. I'm really at a loss on how to get my 10.15.6 back. I have a time-machine backup but even the 5107 won't let me get far enough to "recover" from.

@JeffB1960,

Humm .. odd that it wont even boot with old 5107 USB ...

Some things to check :-

Have you updated the BIOS ?
Have you changed anything in the BIOS ?
Have you changed any of the Hardware ?

If not then try reseting the NVRAM by pressing F11 when in the Clover boot menu. Its possible that there are some remnants from from when you tried boot with the OpenCore version of Clover.

Let us know how you get on ...

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back