Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay so I built my first Hackintosh and after 2 days of installation all is up and running. I built this thing to run FCP. Now when I in tall Final Cut 7 all I get is I need: more VRAM and Quartz Extreme Processor.

I have 8GB RAM and Core i5 3570k Ivy Bridge HD4000 Graphics.

Is this problem occurring because I have Lion and I just need to wait for Mountain Lion with graphics acceleration? Or is occurring because I need a dedicated memory card? I didn't want to buy a GPU because all the good ones (meaning they would be better than fully supported HD4000) are too expensive!

Advice please? I need to start editing ASAP!

timbck2 said:
You have to wait for fully-supported HD4000 in Mountain Lion.

That's what I had speculated... So my question is: how much VRAM does the HD 4000 come with? And will it be enough for HD editing?

Currently I can watch HD video on the Hackintosh with the HD4000 but its just the tiniest laggy. Not much but I can definitely tell the lag.

Also what in the world is a Quartz Extreme Processor?

scisslehannd said:
timbck2 said:
You have to wait for fully-supported HD4000 in Mountain Lion.

That's what I had speculated... So my question is: how much VRAM does the HD 4000 come with? And will it be enough for HD editing?

Currently I can watch HD video on the Hackintosh with the HD4000 but its just the tiniest laggy. Not much but I can definitely tell the lag.

Also what in the world is a Quartz Extreme Processor?

Final Cut Pro is just telling you that your graphics card doesn't have any graphics acceleration. Once HD 4000 gets better graphics support (probably upon the release of OS X Mountain Lion), it'll be more than enough to use with Final Cut Pro.

have you been able to get the hd 4000 to work at higher than 1024x768 resolution? If so how? if not are you using a 4:3 monitor

stacyk819 said:
have you been able to get the hd 4000 to work at higher than 1024x768 resolution? If so how? if not are you using a 4:3 monitor
Put this in you plist:
Code:
<key>GraphicsMode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

Or whatever size you need (within reason).

I tried that and got slightly higher resolution but not 1080p

Should I have graphics enabler on or off

Stacy... Graphics enabler should be ON

Help me one last time now people.I need to edit ASAP.

Option 1:::::
First, is their anything I can to do Lion to make this work? I have edited Final Cut's plist so no q/e or vram is required. Now FCP only opens for 2 seconds and quits.

Can I change my system definition in unibeast to MBP? will that work?

Option2::::

Install Windows 7 on my second partition which is currently formatted in GUID Fat32? or will that mess up my lion. Lion has priority right now.

Or go buy another hdd and install windows 7 on that and unplug the lion hdd. then edit in premier pro.

I'd rather not spend more money on a another hdd since they are more expensive than usual right now. Please answer fast since I really need to edit for my clients. Thanks everyone.

stacyk819 said:
I tried that and got slightly higher resolution but not 1080p

Should I have graphics enabler on or off

Enabler ON.

I have gfx enabler on at 900p working on everything. Ive tested DVI, HDMI, and VGA.

All video ports on the GA-Z77-DS3H work with bios F6 and HD 4000, Lion 10.7.4

timbck2 said:
I have no idea what the number is with HD4000.

Quartz Extreme isn't a processor, it's graphics acceleration software in Mac OS X.

I believe its 1024MB. Will Mountain Lion be able to use the system memory as VRAM when it comes out??? If yes, then :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back